`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Bowman/Topps set for 2014

Favorite Bowman/Topps set for 2014
Just wondering what everyone's favorite set was from Bowman/Topps this year. I am not looking for best investment but rather best "bang for the buck", best stars/rookies selection, quality/design of the card and easiest to complete. Selections are Bowman, Bowman Chrome, Bowman Inception, Bowman Platinum, Topps Allen & Ginter, Topps Base, Topps Chrome, Topps Finest, Topps Gypsy Queen, Topps Heritage, Topps Pro-Debut, and Topps Turkey Red. Thanks.....

RE: Favorite Bowman/Topps set for 2014
bang for the buck - topps turkey red
quality/design - bowman inception

easiest to complete - bowman platinum

the bowman chrome release is in late september, but i'm sure i'll love those (have a couple hobbies coming). love chrome in general. always a favorite.

i'll give finest an honorable mention. they're colorful and i like the feel.

and while i do like the design of A&G, i've just been unimpressed overall by the wax and one hobby box i've obtained thus far. same for heritage. heritage has been rather blah for me.

as for the base sets. i usually just purchase the complete factory topps set. bowman, just buy a lot of wax and blasters. no real opinion on either.

Thanks for the feedback. Dave and Adam's are having a BIG Labor Day sale and I am hoping to get an idea to buy something from people's opinions.

Myself, I'd take Gypsy Queen. Nice looking cards, fairly easy base set to complete, collation pretty good so a couple of boxes may do the trick if not doing the mini's and inserts. (plus I have a ton of extra's I can trade to you!!!!!)

I do love Topps Chrome in general. This is my last year of buying Series 1 & 2 and just picking up a box set going forward (yea right), but I do love the Topps Base Mini's, which have an actual value totaly different than BV, but you need to get 4 boxes for a chance at completeing a set through breaks (not enough cards and collation is usually rough...but not this year). Good luck and show us your goodies.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.