`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scans or pictures?

Scans or pictures?
Just wondering, what do those of you who use "scans" use? Are you literally using a scanner to get pics of your cards? Wouldn't that damage cards? Or am I just missing something?

RE: Scans or pictures?
I use a scanner to get pics of all my cards. Gotta do a little cropping/resizing afterwards, but it works great. And no camera glare.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

i use a scanner..flatbed scanner for my cards..how would it damage your cards??

Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

I was wondering if the lights from the scanner would hurt the autos since sunlight can affect cards...still learning lol. I'll have to give it a try. From what I've seen, you can get multiple cards together then without losing much in focus like with a camera. Thanks for the responses guys!
P.S. gocards, I got a small Charles in today if you want to check Smile

I can fit 8 cards on my scanner, then I just crop each one and save them. I scan them with sleeves though.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE

I don't think the scanner uses uv rays to scan, which is what causes autos to fade. Just a flat bed myself.

Guess I'll have to give it a try lol

(08-21-2014, 06:18 PM)larry2garcia Wrote: I can fit 8 cards on my scanner, then I just crop each one and save them. I scan them with sleeves though.
Yup. What he said. Though the thick one-touch cases tend to end up a little blurry. Top loaders are fine though.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Prolonged exposure to UV light fades cards. UV coating used on most products slows that process. Even if it were a UV light on the scanner, it wouldn't be exposed long enough to make a difference. You'd have to scan it hundreds of times.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'll have to try it out as my new batch of trades comes in Smile