`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Happens if you contribute scans to the database?

RE: What Happens if you contribute scans to the database?
There is one site allow end users to upload images and they allow them to edit too. I think it is one of the coolest things to have images of cards to go with your collection checklist online. It isn't a priority for Beckett I guess.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

Yeah, I've scanned and submitted dozens of Edge, none have made it up. This site would be worthless if not for the board, OPG, and Xchange.

I remember a while back when Beckett was promoting the new website overhaul, and one of the new features was the availability to contribute scans of cards to the new database. I was happy about this new feature because there are a number of cards that are listed incorrectly, mainly because those examples list the wrong players on the card or other players are featured that are not acknowledged. I went through my collection to pull out the cards from my collection that I knew had these listing mistakes, scanned them, submitted them, and provided an explanation as to why the listing is wrong to accompany the supplied scans to prove that I was right. I must have done this for a half dozen cards and many months later - nothing. I tried it once again later - still nothing.

As stated earlier, I also do not believe end users should have complete access to change and update data, a la Wikipedia. Nonetheless I would like to have someone on the Beckett staff look through the accumulated submissions once every few weeks and make the adjustments which are correct, which is how I assumed it would work initially.

I hate to pile on but it is a little disappointing.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]