`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
in search of a decent player checklist...

in search of a decent player checklist...
I have tried to export the beckett list of players cards into excel... pretty ugly... any other ideas of getting the full player list in a decent checklist format???

thanks guys!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

RE: in search of a decent player checklist...
I remember a while back you could print the checklist. I did it and put it in a binder. Looks a lot different now and not in a good way. Sorry you tried the excel thing, didn't go well for me either. I thought I was doing it wrong but maybe not.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

I copied and pasted everything for Favre from the Beckett databaseā€¦in 2009. It's starting to look nice, but I've only been able to get all of the extra info (haves, wanted, etc.) deleted up to mid-2007. There is no easy way of doing it. There was a guy that sold player checklists on eBay a while back. No idea if they were any good or not.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

i got the checklist from the guy on ebay and it is ok. some missing cards but not many. he offers an update each year with new and previously missing cards. but my best checklist was from beckett database.with kurt warner i went through page by page found all 1999 and entered into my org in the order i wanted them. then 2000 and so on. (the player list isnt listed totally in order some cards get listed on the last page of that year cuz they are multi sport, later release or whatever.) i ended up with each year in a separate collection in my org listed alphabeticly and printed from there. its not easy but turned out nice.
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

According to the checklist he has 429 cards... Worst case scenario, I will hand type them all out for my own master checklist...

Got a checklist to work using Apple's Numbers and exported to Excel. Seemed to work well.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

Yeah it's perfect!!! Thanks!!!

Click "print collection" highlight using ctrl-A or click and highlight manually if that doesn't work. Paste to notepad or wordpad and use the replace function to add commas between fields and then import into open office spreadsheet via csv. It takes some practice and you will have to fix things here and there, but I managed to dump a 3400 card checklist into a spreadsheet in 2 1/2 hours. It's best to attack year by year. good luck.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

um....all you have to do is search the player, go to his beckett page...and there is a button for a checklist

also: if pasting in excel, use "paste special", then select text

(08-10-2014, 09:18 PM)superynaldo Wrote: I have tried to export the beckett list of players cards into excel... pretty ugly... any other ideas of getting the full player list in a decent checklist format???

thanks guys!!!
I think I copied the checklist from beckett then pasted it in excel. Then I highlighted the columns and pasted them into another sheet by using paste special values. Then just sort or filter how you want to.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com