`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Neat Historic Autographs redemption from the National! ALSO NUTZ STORY!

Neat Historic Autographs redemption from the National! ALSO NUTZ STORY!
I made the drive to the National for a day trip on Friday. What an experience!! Definitely plan to go again, and stay for a few days next time around, there's just so much going on!

Headed over to the Dave & Adams set-up, and they told me about these Historic Autographs redemption tins. They look like a mint or cough drop tin. You buy one ($125) and take it to the HA stand, where you open it and they redeem right at the show.

The Redemptions are for Auto'd balls, photos, jerseys and some other stuff.

I bought 2, and one ended up being a nice football hit :

I got REALLY EXCITED when I saw THIS:
[Image: 20140803_065421_zps7c9a7668.jpg]

Then they flipped it around:
[Image: 20140803_065446_zps8b1113d9.jpg]

Really great auto and inscription:
[Image: 20140803_065456_zps6afecc3f.jpg]

Now the Crazy (and maybe a little heartbreaking) story -

There was a woman who bought one of these right before me. She came over at the same time as I did, and pulled a redemption for a STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALL!!! The ball was as sweet as it gets, sealed in a ballcube with PSA/DNA sticker certifying it!!
The guy at the stand congratulates her, turns around, pulls the ballcube out of the display case, BANG!! Hits his hand on the case door, AND DROPPED THE WHOLE THING BROKE THE CASE OPEN AND BALL ROLLS ON FLOOR!!!! He quickly grabbed it all up and said he would get it re-sealed and re-certified for her. I don't know what happened after that...

OUCH!!!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: Neat Historic Autographs redemption from the National! ALSO NUTZ STORY!
Cool hit on the Barney!

Yea, sucks about that ball! Hopefully they did something else for the lady to make up for the snafu!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

very nice jersey..those are pretty cool..
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

I thought the heartbreaking part of that story was when they turned the jersey around and it didn't say "Sanders" across the back... :p Still, that's a nice jersey, and a really cool "instant redemption" idea. What did the other tin get you?
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(08-03-2014, 11:37 AM)uwash97 Wrote: I thought the heartbreaking part of that story was when they turned the jersey around and it didn't say "Sanders" across the back... :p Still, that's a nice jersey, and a really cool "instant redemption" idea. What did the other tin get you?
Yeah, I liked the idea too, they said they had alot of real positive feedback on it, so it might be a continuing idea. The other tin got me a auto'd Gaylord Perry "New York" jersey. Pics are in the baseball forum.

As for the SANDERS part, it almost got me too. I was opening the tin that had the Perry redemption while the they opened the other for me and all I heard was "You got another auto jersey from....." didn't hear the name. Then they went behind the wall for the jerseys and I just saw that "20" Lions blue jersey and took a big breath before they flipped it. STILL an awesome vintage player, and I'm a big fan of the inscription!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Great hit!! Bummer on the ball though. Sad At least he didn't drop it in the dirt, water, or mud. Let's look at the bright side! LOL
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Poor Lady
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK