`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying In Smaller Spaces

RE: Displaying In Smaller Spaces
Wish I could build cabinets like that. Good job.

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

Anyone else want to show off their "mini caves"?

Mike

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

Sorry, forgot to send you a pic of the glass case from IKEA. As soon as I'm back at the office, I'll try to remember.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Cool. Can't wait to see, sir.

Mike

(07-26-2014, 03:59 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I set mine up around the entertainment center and changed them out 1 once a month.
Changing things up is key. I go every month or so, as well. It allows me to show more in less space. I usually go by season, but I already have some football creeping in since my Cubbies aren't doing so hot.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Here it is ... Keep in mind, using it for vitamins. You can load this up with cards and baseballs very easily.
[Image: null_zps22902352.jpg]
[Image: null_zps31db7d79.jpg]
$75 with the light, $65 without
It's called "Detolf"
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for the picture Mitch. I've seen those before. Toy and statue collectors use them for display. Silly me, I've never thought about using them for my collection, but I can see myself using those for my McFarlanes, baseballs and bobbleheads.

Btw, I have that same Yankees Boys poster. I got mine signed by Joe Pepitone. I had this idea of having former Yankees sign it. Along the way, I used a different print instead.

Jonathani: That's a pretty good idea. I would rather have as much displayed as I could, but if I couldn't, switching it up is a good option.

Mike

I use the same IKEA glass display case as Mitch has shown... since you have a feel for what it looks like as a whole I have shots of what you might be able to fit inside.
[Image: Screenshot2014-07-30at32804AM_zps64470c61.png]
This is the top level of my display case or well was until we moved and i had to pack it up.

[Image: Screenshot2014-07-30at32847AM_zpsff94dad8.png]
And the second level of the display case.

goes to show just how much you can really fit on each level depending on how you want to arrange it. a

Very nice Robbins! Thanks for sharing!

Mike