`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to dabble in t206s

Wanting to dabble in t206s
Hey guys, I'm wanting to pick up a few t206s, but not really sure where to start. Obviously there's a bunch up on ebay, but I'm not really sure about the grading scale used or what I should be looking for in them. In short, any tips or insight would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Wanting to dabble in t206s
Very beautiful and historical set. Outside of a few notable cards the set isn't TOO unattainable with the right amount of disposable income, time, and patience. I wish you good luck and look forward to seeing some scans!
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(07-25-2014, 11:37 PM)y2hood Wrote: Very beautiful and historical set. Outside of a few notable cards the set isn't TOO unattainable with the right amount of disposable income, time, and patience. I wish you good luck and look forward to seeing some scans!
Thanks! I'm going to start with some Cubs and go from there. I guess the one big question I have is about the backs. Is that just the product they were put in and then the price varies based on the print run of that basically?

dabble in the t205 set instead Wink much more beautiful cards honestly and there isn't an expensive card like Honus Wagner that costs hundreds of thousands just to get so completing the entire t206 set is going to cost you big! Big Grin haha

I was able to pick up quite a few rare cards for a decent price I would say. Like I got a Dolly gray no stats on back in good-very good condition and i payed like 40 bucks for that bad boy Big Grin

another one is A Latham payed 50 bucks for him but i would say hes in good condition or so

and another one is the Hoblitzell card Cin after 2nd 1908 stats, sgc graded like a 3.5? got that for 75 bucks also got a george wiltse right ear shows only sgc graded 20/1.5 fair ;D

i would have bought some more cards but i dont have anymore money left to spend Sad

As the backs go they are from the brands they came out of. All so the numbers on the back represent the year. Some cards will have a Sweet Caporal back for a player but will not have a Piedmont back. To collect the whole complete set it is over 5,000 cards. I myself try to get 1 card for 1 player

a side not is there are some very rare factory backs as well

One thing to watch out for is they made reprints in 1988 and 1992 same size and all and thieves have found a way to take the copywright dates off the cards and make the cards look older
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]