`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Ginter, My first Rip!

2013 Ginter, My first Rip!
Yea you read that right! 2013 ginter! I was a bit late to the 2013 ginter party.

I always wanted to pull a Rip Card and I have never gotten one. I think they are cool.

On to the break:

The jerseys meh! Carlos Pena and Eric Hosmer
[Image: AgUxR3N.jpg?1]

The very first pack I hit this! Don Mattingly Rip card 2/10! Woot woot! My very first one and it is a short print. Though being from the SF bay area i would have preferred a giants player. lol

[Image: Eol3qGx.jpg]
My Photobucket

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t243/carl2001/

Looking for Basketball 96-97 Autographics.

RE: 2013 Ginter, My first Rip!
Wow, nice freakin' hit! You're in the same boat as me ... Is it worth ripping a /10 card of a highly collectible player and gamble if you have a 1/1 hit inside, or just an ext mini? I pulled a Rip last year and got a Trout /10. [Image: null_zps8bbba44f.jpg]
The only reason I want to rip it ... There are redemptions inside some rip cards that expire soon. What to do, what to do? It's also a /10 of a Trout card that sells pretty well.
Would love to find something that you'd want if you were to trade it. LMK
Oh, yeah ... Don't forget to split open the A&G box top flap ... Some 1/1 glossy cards were hidden inside the box. Good luck and hope you didn't throw it away.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The good thing about the single Rip cards is you can open it without destroying the front, so you still have a nice looking card. Congrats on the pull, those were a lot tougher to pull in '13 vs this year.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(07-22-2014, 11:29 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow, nice freakin' hit! You're in the same boat as me ... Is it worth ripping a /10 card of a highly collectible player and gamble if you have a 1/1 hit inside, or just an ext mini? I pulled a Rip last year and got a Trout /10. [Image: null_zps8bbba44f.jpg]
The only reason I want to rip it ... There are redemptions inside some rip cards that expire soon. What to do, what to do? It's also a /10 of a Trout card that sells pretty well.
Would love to find something that you'd want if you were to trade it. LMK
Oh, yeah ... Don't forget to split open the A&G box top flap ... Some 1/1 glossy cards were hidden inside the box. Good luck and hope you didn't throw it away.
I say you just rip it, Doc. What are the odds you're actually going to part with it? At least while Trout is as hot in the market as he is? You know it's eating you up inside not knowing what's inside of it. I say give into your collector side and let it rip ... yep, I went to the pun.
Kepler

(07-23-2014, 10:02 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I say you just rip it, Doc. What are the odds you're actually going to part with it? At least while Trout is as hot in the market as he is? You know it's eating you up inside not knowing what's inside of it. I say give into your collector side and let it rip ... yep, I went to the pun.
Right now, it's a test of willpower. Smile

I know what's going to happen.
1) I'm going to rip it and find an expired redemption card for a signed Trout Jersey
2) I'm going to rip it and find an ext mini of Derek (not Jeter, but Holland)
3) I'll trade it on Beckett for an atomic refractor 1/1 of Casey Kelly or Umbaldo Jimenez (both PC) and find out later that there was an amazing 1/1 auto of Sandy Koufax inside the rip, while Casey & Ubaldo stroll off together in mutual obscurity.

Any of these 3 scenarios will result in me kicking myself for the rest of my cognizant days. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

When it comes to a 50/50 choice, flip a coin. If you're dissappointed in the outcome, take the other choice...
Top Wants:

1. 2001 Bowman's Best- Albert Pujols
2. 2011 Bowman Sterling- Mike Trout
3. 2011 Bowman Chrome- Paul Goldschmidt

[Image: Angels_Signature_zps8fa1f692.gif]

I would rip it but use a razor for the back of card so you don't mess it up too much
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Congrats on the great hit. I'm a rippin fool (pack rippen, never got a rip card) so that would have been opened about 20 seconds after I pulled it. What to do...what to do?

Either do it or get off the pot already with your stinkin Trout 5/10. How much longer do we need to keep seeing posts about this freakin card??????? LOL LOL....you know I jest. Time is ticking DrM....that Sandy K. 1/1 gold plated auto redemption hasn't been pulled yet that I'm aware............
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-23-2014, 10:08 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats on the great hit. I'm a rippin fool (pack rippen, never got a rip card) so that would have been opened about 20 seconds after I pulled it. What to do...what to do?

Either do it or get off the pot already with your stinkin Trout 5/10. How much longer do we need to keep seeing posts about this freakin card??????? LOL LOL....you know I jest. Time is ticking DrM....that Sandy K. 1/1 gold plated auto redemption hasn't been pulled yet that I'm aware............
LOL
First of all, this is Carl2001's thread .... Sorry, didn't intend to hijack it. My apologies, Carl. (Reminder about the 2013 Ginter box ... Check the lid for that possible hidden 1/1 ... They're glued between the 2 layers ... Very tricky, and not in every box. )

So to put the ball back in his court, if Carl2001 rips his Mattingly, I'll feel shamed into ripping my card. How's that? (But only if he pulls something amazing ... If not, I'm going to hide out for a while until the poop-storm blows over ... Remember, I'll feel shamed, not obligated Smile Smile )

It's all on you Carl2001........please put him (and us) out of his miserey....JK. Hope you guys can work something out. Let us know what transpires'! Good luck.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.