`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The return of Streaky, the retail streak! Could be?

RE: The return of Streaky, the retail streak! Could be?
Nice break!
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.

So that's why my retail breaks over the weekend were so awful?

How awful?

The biggest hit off a Bowman hanger was a base Tanaka and the best I could muster from an A&G blaster was a Little Lions mini.

Streaky was fun while he lasted, but we're apparently not meant to spend much time together these days.
Kepler

(07-21-2014, 10:32 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: So that's why my retail breaks over the weekend were so awful?
How awful?
The biggest hit off a Bowman hanger was a base Tanaka and the best I could muster from an A&G blaster was a Little Lions mini.
Streaky was fun while he lasted, but we're apparently not meant to spend much time together these days.
If its any consolation, Streaky has gone missing. Be on the lookout. He might be in your town.
Just bought 2 blasters .... Archives (yuccch) and Prizm (and more yuccch) .
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-23-2014, 04:35 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If its any consolation, Streaky has gone missing. Be on the lookout. He might be in your town.
Just bought 2 blasters .... Archives (yuccch) and Prizm (and more yuccch) .
Good deal. Friday is payday and I could use a weekend houseguest. Although if my mail arrives, I'll be OK if he doesn't. Some good stuff to share coming in - hopefully by this weekend.
Kepler

(07-23-2014, 06:59 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Good deal. Friday is payday and I could use a weekend houseguest. Although if my mail arrives, I'll be OK if he doesn't. Some good stuff to share coming in - hopefully by this weekend.
Layout some crackers and cheese for the good ol'streakster, he's coming to visit! Smile
Take good care of Streaky, he's getting on in years and the constant travel hasn't been kind to his rheumatism and his lumbago has been acting up, as of late. Smile

Oh, and Thanks for the tease .... Can't wait to hear about your upcoming mail day!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-24-2014, 08:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Layout some crackers and cheese for the good ol'streakster, he's coming to visit! Smile
Take good care of Streaky, he's getting on in years and the constant travel hasn't been kind to his rheumatism and his lumbago has been acting up, as of late. Smile

Oh, and Thanks for the tease .... Can't wait to hear about your upcoming mail day!
If you're only leaving him cheese and crackers, maybe that's why he's coming and going so quickly ... steak and bourbon at my place. Ya hear that, Streaky? There's booze and beef just over yonder!

As for the mail ... it should be a good remainder of the week if everything comes in (plus some I've been holding onto showing off). One purchase through a trader here, a COMC purchase, 6 Facebook group buys and 5 eBay buys.

Streaky ... they're going to need some company, so please come back.
Kepler

(07-24-2014, 11:08 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: If you're only leaving him cheese and crackers, maybe that's why he's coming and going so quickly ... steak and bourbon at my place. Ya hear that, Streaky? There's booze and beef just over yonder!
As for the mail ... it should be a good remainder of the week if everything comes in (plus some I've been holding onto showing off). One purchase through a trader here, a COMC purchase, 6 Facebook group buys and 5 eBay buys.
Streaky ... they're going to need some company, so please come back.
Beef and bourbon? Terrific, that'll just bring back his gout! Besides, you remember the last time you got Streaky drunk!? Do you really want all that drama, again?

(07-25-2014, 06:00 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Beef and bourbon? Terrific, that'll just bring back his gout! Besides, you remember the last time you got Streaky drunk!? Do you really want all that drama, again?
You make two pretty valid points. He does embarrass himself quite often. But let's face it: he's going to do that with or without our help. So, if we can profit off of it in the short-term I might be OK with it.

Side note: I was going to hold off and do my "recent mail" post all at once, but I got the piece I'm happiest with in the mail yesterday, so I'm going to start the thread right away ... because I had to take a picture to text my buddy last night. So keep your eyes peeled. lol
Kepler

(07-25-2014, 08:56 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: You make two pretty valid points. He does embarrass himself quite often. But let's face it: he's going to do that with or without our help. So, if we can profit off of it in the short-term I might be OK with it.
Yeah, those indecent exposure charges are still pending! I guess they didn't nickname him "Streaky" for nothing. Smile

(07-25-2014, 08:56 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Side note: I was going to hold off and do my "recent mail" post all at once, but I got the piece I'm happiest with in the mail yesterday, so I'm going to start the thread right away ... because I had to take a picture to text my buddy last night. So keep your eyes peeled. lol
Yeah, that Killebrew card is ..... Killer! Smile

Yeah, that Killebrew card is ..... Killer! Smile
[/quote]

Thanks. Now if I can just land the 55 I'll be a REALLY happy camper.
Kepler