`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA graded rookie pc

PSA graded rookie pc
Things have been pretty slow with my Bowman project so I decided to work on my PSA rookies for awhile. This is basicly a start over project. I was working on this about 2 years ago and decided to trade more than a few for some Phillies pc. Wish I wouldn't have but I got some nice Phillies so it is what it is. This weekend I added about 20 cards to get this pc back in gear. As always comments are always welcome.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/rookiecr...ie%20Cards

Thanks for looking.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: PSA graded rookie pc
VERY nice RC collection there. It just motivates me even more to keep up on my HOF RC collection. I've got HOF RC's I've thought about getting graded but never got around to it. What do you think since you've gotten your fair share graded?

[Image: IMG_0029_zps95952245.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0030_zpse0efe7bb.jpg]
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(07-19-2014, 09:19 PM)Odyssey Wrote: VERY nice RC collection there. It just motivates me even more to keep up on my HOF RC collection. I've got HOF RC's I've thought about getting graded but never got around to it. What do you think since you've gotten your fair share graded?

[Image: IMG_0029_zps95952245.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0030_zpse0efe7bb.jpg]
I would go for it. My personal opinion on those and I'm no grader is 7/8. Tough to tell in a scan. I have a Mike Schmidt, Gary Carter, Mark Mcgwire, and a few others I'm going to send in. Good luck with yours.

Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

I like grading for PC. If I have a card who's value will potentially increase with a grade and I'm looking to sell it, I'll grade it. Almost every time, though, I'm getting things graded for my own enjoyment.

When it comes to #/1, #/5, #/10, however, I feel there is really no point. Grading cannot help the value, unless you find some sucker that listens to you when you say, "There is only one of this card, and this is the nicest one!" If there are only five of a card, who cares if it's a little off-center? It is still one of only five in existence. On the other hand, when thousands were printed, only five have been graded 9.5, and you have one, that makes the price differential between all the cards jump. The value difference between thousands of cards is bound to be greater than the value difference between only ten made. Don't even talk about graded a 1/1. I only have a single 1/1 in my PC, but the thought of grading it has never entered my mind. There is nothing else to compare it to, so why bother unless I just want to protect the card?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.