`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I just noticed something yesterday

I just noticed something yesterday
I was in my local Wal Mart yesterday and after I got what I went there for, I walked over to the isle with the sports cards and noticed that they had no single packs available, only blasters and rack packs. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come or were they just out of everything. It might help keep the pack searchers away if there were no single pack. Has anybody else seen this?

RE: I just noticed something yesterday
My Walmart hasn't had individual packs in at least six months. Most likely a decreased sales vs. increased lease cost for the vendor. Lease less space from Walmart and sell more expensive product in that space. Too many damaged goods (thanks to searchers) - at least in my area.
Kepler

My target still has individual packs, in the large retail hangers, you know with about 500 packs in them plus usually 1 retail box of the new product.....but man they are so rummaged through I don't even bother looking at them. I too can't remember the last time "my" walmart had anything other than the jumbo stip packs (36 cards for $6 or something like that for Topps flaship....less cards and more money for A&G, Heritage Bowman ect....). About the only thing in packs are stickers, chipz and those goofy little webble-wobble characters...........

Now even Magic and other game cards only come in "blasters" or metal tin boxes....no more packs.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I never buy single packs in Wal Mart or Target so I won't miss them if they are gone for good and I don't know when they stopped, I just happened to see it yesterday. The closest Target still has single packs.

I don't even look on the card aisle at Walmart anymore, just been going to Target and they do have the single packs there.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

the walmart near me has become pure _)&#_*@+ they removed almost all the sports card space and replaced it with magic and yughio

They took away all the loose packs, and rarely get new stuff in.
Target across the street on the other hand has a very large cleanly organized card section and they got A&G the day it came out

My local WalMart has not had any single packs this year either. The Target across town has a much larger selection, including single packs of many brands.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

My walmart still has rak packs, etc. but no single packs.

My walmart doesn't even carry baseball cards except for blister packs of series one or two about 3 weeks after release, and then never again....sigh
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

lol i dont buy packs since idk im not into the newer cards i guess, only collecting t205 gold border atm Big Grin

i'ma pass by my walmart and see if they have any single packs and stuff lol, ill take some pics and stuff i guess if they have any single packs to show off to you guys haha