`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please help me

Please help me
OK guys, please help me have some will power to avoid buying any 2014 Allen and Ginter. Every year I buy 1 or 2 blasters and regret it every time. I really don't care for it. I collect baseball and only baseball and I really don't care for the cards that aren't baseball. I broke down a few minutes ago. I felt I needed to open some packs, so I went to Target to see if there were any blasters of 2014 Allen and Ginter. Lucky for me, there were none so I saved myself $20. So please help me have the will power to avoid buying this. Thanks.

RE: Please help me
(07-09-2014, 12:56 PM)cspen Wrote: OK guys, please help me have some will power to avoid buying any 2014 Allen and Ginter. Every year I buy 1 or 2 blasters and regret it every time. I really don't care for it. I collect baseball and only baseball and I really don't care for the cards that aren't baseball. I broke down a few minutes ago. I felt I needed to open some packs, so I went to Target to see if there were any blasters of 2014 Allen and Ginter. Lucky for me, there were none so I saved myself $20. So please help me have the will power to avoid buying this. Thanks.
What target are you closest to?

I hit the one either on rock rd or near the galleria mall usually.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

(07-09-2014, 12:56 PM)cspen Wrote: OK guys, please help me have some will power to avoid buying any 2014 Allen and Ginter. Every year I buy 1 or 2 blasters and regret it every time. I really don't care for it. I collect baseball and only baseball and I really don't care for the cards that aren't baseball. I broke down a few minutes ago. I felt I needed to open some packs, so I went to Target to see if there were any blasters of 2014 Allen and Ginter. Lucky for me, there were none so I saved myself $20. So please help me have the will power to avoid buying this. Thanks.
A&G stinks, why would ANYONE want that garbage! ... And all those worthless, horrible mini cards with the same picture as the maxi cards ... Redundant And Stupid!!! . You're better off without it. Save your money for vintage Cardinal singles of Stan Musial!
(How'd I do? If you get the urge, read this 3X before entering Target, pick up a hanger of Topps Series 2 for $5 and get the heck out of the store .... Also, you may not want to read about my A&G box break later this week Smile )
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-09-2014, 12:58 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: What target are you closest to?

I hit the one either on rock rd or near the galleria mall usually.
I'm in Arnold

(07-09-2014, 01:22 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: A&G stinks, why would ANYONE want that garbage! ... And all those worthless, horrible mini cards with the same picture as the maxi cards ... Redundant And Stupid!!! . You're better off without it. Save your money for vintage Cardinal singles of Stan Musial!
(How'd I do? If you get the urge, read this 3X before entering Target, pick up a hanger of Topps Series 2 for $5 and get the heck out of the store .... Also, you may not want to read about my A&G box break later this week Smile )
Thanks. I will remember this

do you really want a card with a freaking butterfly on it? a part of kim kardashian's wedding menu? no? then dont buy a and g

Haha, I know the feeling. I want to but then think of what I can buy with the amount I spend on a box of ag.
Example, have 2 Musial auto cards. They r called player samples. He would hand those out to family and friends. The thought that he held these is what makes them special to me. Hope this helps.

The only cards I want from this set are rc's of Bogaerts, Wong, Hamilton, Tanaka, and Abreu, so I will be looking to trade for these when they become more available. If anybody has any of these please let me know.

Say NO to A&G & YES to Bowman or Gypsy Queen.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Just watched Chris Olds break open a box of Allan and Ginter. That pretty much sealed it that I won't be buying a box of it anytime soon. I don't see what people see in that stuff.

I always buy at least 2 boxes each year since I put the sets together. Gives me a good start and there is always the possibility of pulling that special card for the PC.