`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If a card is 00/99, what's that mean? Error? *UPDATED WITH PIC*

RE: If a card is 00/99, what's that mean? Error? *UPDATED WITH PIC*
(07-09-2014, 08:39 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i believe that typically, these are used as replacements for damaged cards
I have been under the impression that they do not have a leading number on replacement cards (i.e. is is BLANK / 99). That way when they get a damaged card in they can destroy it and use the same leading number on the replacement card. I know this is how it used to be done, not sure if they still do it this way though.

I have seen some PROMO cards with the serial number of "0", or some other quantity of "0"s, however most use some amount of "X"s or simply the word "PROMO" in lieu of an exact serial number. My guess is that it is a manufacturing flaw, where someone set the first digit incorrectly.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Both those cards look to me like "test pressings" that got packed out by accident.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(07-09-2014, 04:23 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I had the same problem…..

kinda forgot about it until I read this thread….

[Image: DEDB84CF-2A31-47C0-9D18-527604C8C3AA-237...a8d066.jpg]
i've seen a lot of these on ebay, there must be a few out there....
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE

freebay 1/1 .. diamond in the rough
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Maybe you win the secret prize, or is the number altered in some way? Did you pull it from a pack?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-11-2014, 08:12 AM)alanch Wrote: Zero is the complete absence of value though. Yes it is a numerical digit, but if you have zero of something you have none of it. Therefore it does not exist, right?
I know it was a joke but 0 is on the number line and is a "real number". You can use it to subtract, add and multiply and also get real numbers.

But to get closer to your original point, did Milwaukee play 4 on 5 last year or did OJ Mayo actually play haha?

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images...h=420&q=75
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(07-17-2014, 03:12 PM)mkufta Wrote: I know it was a joke but 0 is on the number line and is a "real number". You can use it to subtract, add and multiply and also get real numbers.

But to get closer to your original point, did Milwaukee play 4 on 5 last year or did OJ Mayo actually play haha?

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images...h=420&q=75
I'd say the played 4 on 5 all last year. It would help explain their 15-67 record. Smile
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

(07-22-2014, 09:39 AM)alanch Wrote: I'd say the played 4 on 5 all last year. It would help explain their 15-67 record. Smile
Haha then maybe youre actually onto something here.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com