`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Seaver 1971 Kellogg's

Tom Seaver 1971 Kellogg's
I'm trying to put a value on this Tom Seaver card, but any cards like it that have sold have been pretty beat up. This card is in perfect condition as far as i can tell, except for a slight curve that I've read happens to these cards over time. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Tom Seaver 1971 Kellogg's
(07-07-2014, 09:31 PM)bucky355 Wrote: I'm trying to put a value on this Tom Seaver card, but any cards like it that have sold have been pretty beat up. This card is in perfect condition as far as i can tell, except for a slight curve that I've read happens to these cards over time. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
If you think it's near-perfect, and rare due to its condition, send it in to a grading service and if it grades really well, it'll sell for more. As far as its value? Hard to say, but it's probably not 'put you kid through college' valuable. Unless it grades at a 10 and is the only one in the population report, it might be "get your kid through a course at community college" valuable. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-08-2014, 05:34 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If you think it's near-perfect, and rare due to its condition, send it in to a grading service and if it grades really well, it'll sell for more. As far as its value? Hard to say, but it's probably not 'put you kid through college' valuable. Unless it grades at a 10 and is the only one in the population report, it might be "get your kid through a course at community college" valuable. Smile
I think it's more likely to buy his child a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle DVD. I have a 1970 Kellogg's Tom Seaver, graded a PSA 9 that I only paid $28.00 for. A PSA 10 might allow him to upgrade to Blu-Ray. ;-)
[Image: Seaver-1.jpg]
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

(07-08-2014, 07:59 AM)1969metsfan Wrote: I think it's more likely to buy his child a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle DVD. I have a 1970 Kellogg's Tom Seaver, graded a PSA 9 that I only paid $28.00 for. A PSA 10 might allow him to upgrade to Blu-Ray. ;-)
[Image: Seaver-1.jpg]
LOL
yeah, that's more realistic .... I guess I was being too optimistic for the OP Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Very nice card however It will probbly grade to an 8 looking at it it is off center unless my eyes are going bad lol. And yes the curling was quite common with those cards. And as the other commenters have said while a nice card even at a 10 your not going to get rich.

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1971/kel...er-3731723
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html