`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Stanley Cup Final Game-Worn Jersey and of a 400+ Win Goalie!

My First Stanley Cup Final Game-Worn Jersey and of a 400+ Win Goalie!
Hey everyone, as you all know by now, I dream of one day starting a museum dedicated to the history of NHL goaltending with one piece of every goaltender to ever make the NHL. While I have had a lot of lesser known goalies join the museum project, the numbers of the greats have been fairly short in my collection. Until today.

Again, you know my routine by now, I give a history of the player and their accomplishments before moving onto the piece of history itself. So, let's begin!

Chris Osgood was born in Peace River, Alberta on November 26, 1972 and excelled in the WHL. Drafted 54th overall by the Detroit Red Wings in 1991, Osgood saw his first NHL action in the 1993-94 season going from nothing to a 41 game goaltender. Within two seasons, he quickly worked his way up to becoming the undisputed starter of the team. Osgood won his first award, the William Jennings Trophy in 1995-96, and secured his first ever Stanley Cup in 1997 as number two to Mike Vernon. He then won his next Stanley Cup the following season in 1998, as the team's starter. In 2001-02, he was acquired by the New York Islanders, and in 2002-03, the St. Louis Blues utilized his services. For the 2005-06 season, Osgood returned to the Detroit Red Wings and led them to one more Stanley Cup in 2008. He also led the team to a seven game battle in the 2009 Stanley Cup Final against the Penguins that resulted in the Pens taking home the Cup. Osgood played until the 2010-11 season before retiring from hockey. In 744 games, Osgood recorded a 401-216-66-29 record with 50 shutouts, a 2.49GAA, a 0.905% save average. On top of that, he also recorded a goal and nineteen assists in his regular season career. In the playoffs, he appeared in 129 games, recording a 74-49 record with 15 shutouts, a 2.09 GAA, and a 0.916% save average.

As it stands right now, Chris Osgood is the league's tenth all-time winningest goalie and one of the only ten goalies to ever have over 400 career wins. Of the ten, he is one of only nine of those to win the Stanley Cup, and also of the top ten, he is also one of only six to have won three or more Stanley Cups in his career.

Now, onto the piece, this is a 2008-09 Stanley Cup Final Game Worn home jersey used by Osgood in the 2009 Finals against Pittsburgh, used in games 1, 2, 5, and 7. May 30, 2009 was the first game in which he wore this sweater, recording a 3-1, 31 save victory. The next game was May 31, 2009 in a mirror image affair, where the game was once again a 3-1 victory, and Osgood once again made 31 saves. June 6, 2009 was the next game with this sweater and it saw the Red Wings win 5-0 to go up three games to two in the series. The final game in which this sweater saw action was on June 12, 2009, game seven of the Cup Final. In that game, Osgood and the Wings were defeated 2-1 and Pittsburgh lifted the Stanley Cup.

The jersey features amazing wear, indicative of a highly competitive Cup Final. There are eight team repairs on the jersey, an unrepaired hole, and several black puck marks. An immaculate piece of history used by one of the NHL's all-time greats!

Front:

[Image: osgoodfront_zpsa4811a28.jpg]

Stanley Cup Final crest with puck mark next to it:

[Image: osgoodfrontcrest_zps9629b0d9.jpg]

Front right sleeve with photomatched puck mark and repair:

[Image: osgoodfrontrightsleeve_zps1c5fd22a.jpg]

Front right body with several team repairs:

[Image: osgoodfrontrightbody_zpsf7520b3c.jpg]

Front repair and puck marks:

[Image: osgoodfrontcentre_zps19993b50.jpg]

Front left sleeve with team repair:

[Image: osgoodfrontleftsleeve_zpsd40bb7cc.jpg]

Team stamp:

[Image: osgoodinsidestamp_zpsffcb3efd.jpg]

Fight strap message:

[Image: osgoodinsidestrap_zpsceb3c5ba.jpg]

Rear:

[Image: osgoodrear_zps6f85a7da.jpg]

Rear right puck mark:

[Image: osgoodrearright_zps8091fb28.jpg]

Rear right sleeve with team repair:

[Image: osgoodrearrightsleeve_zps4e25d4b2.jpg]

RE: My First Stanley Cup Final Game-Worn Jersey and of a 400+ Win Goalie!
Amazing addition to your collection!!
Go Avs Go!

Wow. That is awesome - thanks for sharing!!

The best part about this story.......THE PENS LIFTED THE CUP!!!!

Great jersey Congrats on an amazing add!

I still havent added a Finals jersey yet.....a couple of Playoffs.....but not a finals yet! Its nice to see a buddy add one!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Jealous!! Thats a sweet jersey!!
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

Thanks for the comments everyone!

(06-30-2014, 08:14 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: The best part about this story.......THE PENS LIFTED THE CUP!!!!

Great jersey Congrats on an amazing add!

I still havent added a Finals jersey yet.....a couple of Playoffs.....but not a finals yet! Its nice to see a buddy add one!
That was also the year the Pens steamrolled past my Carolina Hurricanes in four games...grrrr!

Thanks for the comment, though a 2002 Stanley Cup Final rematch would have been fun to watch back in 2009. I guess the Pens earned it though...

Congratulations on acquiring such an important piece. Osgood has the potential to enter the Hall of Fame in a few years. It's hard to argue with his stats and three Stanley Cup championships.

(07-01-2014, 07:51 AM)Stephen_Laroche Wrote: Congratulations on acquiring such an important piece. Osgood has the potential to enter the Hall of Fame in a few years. It's hard to argue with his stats and three Stanley Cup championships.
I have heard people say otherwise, but if anyone questions Osgood's viability for the Hall, I can't help but think that they are crazy. He always struck me as one of the invisible stars of the game. Needless to say, I am happy to finally own a piece of his.

I have really enjoyed your posts about the memorabilia you have been picking up.

Osgood drew a lot of criticism over the years, but it's a tough road for goalies to get into the Hall of Fame at all anymore.

When you put up your stats like that, i never realized how decent osgood was...i wonder how he did with other teams compared to how he did with the wings Wink either way, its a wonderful addition to your collection.

on a side note, whats the deal with the message on the fight strap. was that added by him? the manufacture? or any idea on that? I've never seen such a thing.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches