`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay and redemptions

ebay and redemptions
Dont know about others, but I hate that people actually put up already reedemed redemption cards on ebay. It can trick someone to bid on it thinking it is real. It has not happened to me, but im sure there have been people bidding thinking they are getting a bargin at low bid on an unused one.

RE: ebay and redemptions
Last year (or the one before that) I was late night, half drunk, ebaying (a bad combination ... Don't drink and bid) and I found a very reasonably priced (I figured, redemption = long wait & late night = cheaper price) Bryce Harper auto that was ending soon, so I popped a bid for it and was the winning bid with minutes to go ... Then I started reading that it was a redeemed redemption and got all pissed and panicky. Jeez! Who would have thought ANYONE would purposely bid on THAT? So I retracted my bid, saying the description was changed or some such excuse. Ended up with a few dozen more bids just in the final seconds. I would have been outbid anyway ... But I was really annoyed that I almost got suckered into a crapauction. The used redemption sold for over $90+ ... Wow.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Glad you realized and retracted.

I saw a Kris Bryant used one with bids on it, was up to 76 dollars, dont know what it ended at.

Yeah, I dont get it. But there are some people out there that actually want the used redemtions and are willing to pay for them. I think it is ok as long as your are absolutely clear that it is a USED redemtion and not trying to trick peopl into buying it. To me it would be more of a headache than its worth
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

As long as it is clearly listed in auction title, no harm no foul. I bought a used Cespedes lucky redemption card to go along with the actual card for like 12-15 bucks. It really is the key cespedes auto to own and the two look awesome together
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(06-26-2014, 12:24 PM)petillo64 Wrote: As long as it is clearly listed in auction title, no harm no foul. I bought a used Cespedes lucky redemption card to go along with the actual card for like 12-15 bucks. It really is the key cespedes auto to own and the two look awesome together
+1
Clearly listed in title=no problem.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Remember when some redemptions were the card without the auto or relic? I still have a redeemed redemption for a Jim Thome 500 HR bat relic from Upper Deck. I traded the actual card and I totally forgot to send it. It's just the card with no bat in it with a hole punched in the corner.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331