`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Sankey worth collecting?

Is Sankey worth collecting?
I want some opinions on Bishop Sankey from you guys. Also, whose the best QB to collect this year. Thanks

RE: Is Sankey worth collecting?
Collecting Running Backs is risky anyway you look at it with the way the nfl is using them. If I was collecting a QB from this draft class, I would collect Bortles. He has the best chance at becoming a franchise QB imo.

Newer running backs probably aren't a good "investment" unless you are just collecting them for yourself. Resale value probably won't be there. QB, I personally am going to try and pick up a few cards of Logan Thomas...I think he's got a lot of potential, and I'd be looking at him as an investment opportunity. Buy now, sell later once he's really good (hopefully :p) lol. Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel scare me, from a price standpoint, and as I believe they are all hit or miss. Just my opinion.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think that A.J. Mccarron could turn out to be really good.

Like others have said risky business with rc rbs the way they are used lately, and you don't really know how good an rb is until you see them in a real nfl game....noone thought Zac Stacy would be as good as he was, nor Alfred Morris the year before....and sometimes it takes a few years for rbs to get a good shot to make a a for themselves living in shadows of feature backs like Ben tate, Toby Gerhart, and many others that have potential but don't see the touches they deserve (ie-Andre Ellington last year, my fave RB by far in recent drafts and Christine Michael). Sankey is projected to be the only rb to make an immediate impact early in season, and as season goes on lesser known players will pop up and break out.

I forgot about him lol. What about Jimmy what'shisface in New England? A cpl years under Brady and he could be good. I've heard good things about Savage too, but it is only OTA's right now. Might be a good idea to wait and see how the pre-season plays out.

Im with a.j mccaron, not this year but a few years out

(06-22-2014, 12:53 PM)patchautos Wrote: Collecting Running Backs is risky anyway you look at it with the way the nfl is using them. If I was collecting a QB from this draft class, I would collect Bortles. He has the best chance at becoming a franchise QB imo.
Bortles? I'll consider it. Thanks

(06-22-2014, 12:58 PM)savagenate Wrote: Newer running backs probably aren't a good "investment" unless you are just collecting them for yourself. Resale value probably won't be there. QB, I personally am going to try and pick up a few cards of Logan Thomas...I think he's got a lot of potential, and I'd be looking at him as an investment opportunity. Buy now, sell later once he's really good (hopefully :p) lol. Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel scare me, from a price standpoint, and as I believe they are all hit or miss. Just my opinion.
I kinda feel the same about this QB class. But Garoppollo & Murray interest me for some weird reason. Thanks

(06-22-2014, 01:08 PM)savagenate Wrote: I forgot about him lol. What about Jimmy what'shisface in New England? A cpl years under Brady and he could be good. I've heard good things about Savage too, but it is only OTA's right now. Might be a good idea to wait and see how the pre-season plays out.
Good pick. I like him too!
(06-22-2014, 12:58 PM)savagenate Wrote: Newer running backs probably aren't a good "investment" unless you are just collecting them for yourself. Resale value probably won't be there. QB, I personally am going to try and pick up a few cards of Logan Thomas...I think he's got a lot of potential, and I'd be looking at him as an investment opportunity. Buy now, sell later once he's really good (hopefully :p) lol. Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel scare me, from a price standpoint, and as I believe they are all hit or miss. Just my opinion.
Ahhhh..... who is Logan Thomas? Never heard of him. Are his cards reasonable?
(06-22-2014, 01:07 PM)SkylerDean0526 Wrote: Like others have said risky business with rc rbs the way they are used lately, and you don't really know how good an rb is until you see them in a real nfl game....noone thought Zac Stacy would be as good as he was, nor Alfred Morris the year before....and sometimes it takes a few years for rbs to get a good shot to make a a for themselves living in shadows of feature backs like Ben tate, Toby Gerhart, and many others that have potential but don't see the touches they deserve (ie-Andre Ellington last year, my fave RB by far in recent drafts and Christine Michael). Sankey is projected to be the only rb to make an immediate impact early in season, and as season goes on lesser known players will pop up and break out.
I've been investing in Michael, not Ellington though. I snag a few. All those guys can hold a pig. I really like Sankey though. His Exquisite autos are getting spendy tho. I have 2 now. Watching one on ebay..it's over $114 now! More than I spent on mine. If he works out, they could be great investments.

(06-22-2014, 01:13 PM)SkylerDean0526 Wrote: Im with a.j mccaron, not this year but a few years out
Ok, sell me on why I should collect McCaron because I don't know who he is really.

Logan Thomas was picked in the later rounds by the Cardinals. He'll be sitting behind Palmer learning until Palmer retires. He played for Virginia Tech, and is an amazing athlete. I believe as a Sophmore, he was projected to be a top round pick, but he fell apart a bit in his Jr. year. Bruce Ariens plans to fix him down in AZ...if he can get back to the form he had 2 years ago, Wilson and Kap won't be the only qbs talked about. His cards aren't bad at all from what little I've seen. Leaf Valiant and Upper Deck autos seem to be running less than $30 on avg.
Murray and Garoppollo could both be wildcards, and I don't think their cards are very expensive. McCarron was the QB for Alabama. The knock on him was he was called a "game manager" and there are questions on his arm strength and drive (he skipped the sr bowl despite it being in his backyard) But he did nothing but win in Alabama, and I'd guess in the right system, he could be good. If Dalton flames out again this year, and won't take the money offered, look for McCarron to start that next season. Just an opinion lol.

(06-22-2014, 10:33 PM)savagenate Wrote: Logan Thomas was picked in the later rounds by the Cardinals. He'll be sitting behind Palmer learning until Palmer retires. He played for Virginia Tech, and is an amazing athlete. I believe as a Sophmore, he was projected to be a top round pick, but he fell apart a bit in his Jr. year. Bruce Ariens plans to fix him down in AZ...if he can get back to the form he had 2 years ago, Wilson and Kap won't be the only qbs talked about. His cards aren't bad at all from what little I've seen. Leaf Valiant and Upper Deck autos seem to be running less than $30 on avg.
Murray and Garoppollo could both be wildcards, and I don't think their cards are very expensive. McCarron was the QB for Alabama. The knock on him was he was called a "game manager" and there are questions on his arm strength and drive (he skipped the sr bowl despite it being in his backyard) But he did nothing but win in Alabama, and I'd guess in the right system, he could be good. If Dalton flames out again this year, and won't take the money offered, look for McCarron to start that next season. Just an opinion lol.
Wow! I appreciate the input. I'll be grabbing a few of his cards then. I also like the Chiefs picking De'Anthony Thomas. I believe that he is a sleeper! 49ers fan but not sold on Carlos Hyde. There's backs with more potential. Sankey seems to be the only one that is being talked about in my circles. Thanks though.