`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nathan MacKinnon SP Authentic Rookie Prices

Nathan MacKinnon SP Authentic Rookie Prices
Is anyone else a little surprised at what Nathan MacKinnon's SP Authentic Rookie is going for? It seems very pricey, especially for a redemption. Yes he will win the Calder but it's not like he had a monster season. Right now it's the most expensive SPA rookie in a decade, more than Toews, Stamkos, Rask, etc. Is there a perceived shortage of the card? It seems 999 are made but are they harder to pull than the other rookies? I'm sure it will get lower as time goes on but wow is this card going for a lot right now.

RE: Nathan MacKinnon SP Authentic Rookie Prices
I would say since it just released is part of it. New flashy stuff like that is always crazy when it first gets released. It will be quite some time I'm sure before I ever get my hand on one hahaha.
Go Avs Go!

Imagine if they where not a redemption how high would they be.

I agree with above. Part of the price is the "gold rush" that happens every time a new product is released, especially one as well loved at SPA Future Watch cards, a standard in the hobby community. I think once the Bay starts getting flooded by "flippers", the price will settle in.

Now, once the cards become live...those prices might make you wish you had bought a redemption..

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

anyone remember the prices that Cam Barker's were going for when they were finally redeemed? Makes MacKinnon look like a steal
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

I can't believe a card #/999 sells for more than $60. I have his artifacts auto price is $250 book, I pulled his first drafts auto last night and people have it up for $450. I understand he's good but come on. I will trade the first drafts for either his Contenders Rookie Ticket or his Anthology Selections.