`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996-97 Autographics Starks Blue?

1996-97 Autographics Starks Blue?
I am having a hard time determining if this is the blue ink version or not.
Any help would be appreciated.

[Image: IMG_20140614_0003_zps01a89919.jpg]

RE: 1996-97 Autographics Starks Blue?
I can't say for 100% but it looks like it to me - all the black autos on eBay are definitively black and the one blue looks to be a very similar blue to what I see in your cards sig. Even if your cards auto was faded it appears to be a faded blue and not a faded black...to me anyways. BTW, not saying yours is faded - just mentioned fading because sometimes black ink fades into a blueish which is why we have a hard time identifying cards sometimes.

(06-18-2014, 10:49 AM)aktlingit Wrote: I can't say for 100% but it looks like it to me - all the black autos on eBay are definitively black and the one blue looks to be a very similar blue to what I see in your cards sig. Even if your cards auto was faded it appears to be a faded blue and not a faded black...to me anyways. BTW, not saying yours is faded - just mentioned fading because sometimes black ink fades into a blueish which is why we have a hard time identifying cards sometimes.
Thanks for your feedback. Yeah I've looked at many samples of various players and im still uncertain. I did notice that some players used finer tips than others or lighter strokes. I also have a Jim Jackson that appears to be blue. I'll post side by side pics (black and blue?) when I get a chance of both players.

Looks blue in the scan.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.