`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Series 2 prices on Boxes

RE: Topps Series 2 prices on Boxes
(06-16-2014, 07:38 AM)jeantoto Wrote: It seems that you just can't get a Jumbo box of '14 series 2.
Don't get the point as you can get the RCs from an hobby box.
I wouldn't pay the extra to get the jumbo version.
It's all about the hits. Hobby is $65ish and you get one hit. Jumbo is $119ish and you get 3 hits.

hobby at 65 is a ripoff. That is almost 3 bucks per pack for Topps. I pass.

(06-16-2014, 01:29 AM)Midwestconnection Wrote: what a joke. Why are you paying these absurd prices for a box that should be 65-75?
I'm in Canada so $119 for a jumbo is about the norm. If I were to use on line services, after you factor in the exchange/shipping/customs I have no savings at all over this price.

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(06-16-2014, 07:38 AM)jeantoto Wrote: It seems that you just can't get a Jumbo box of '14 series 2.
Don't get the point as you can get the RCs from an hobby box.
I wouldn't pay the extra to get the jumbo version.
There is stuff in Jumbo that you can't get in hobby, plus you do get the 3 hits verses the 1 and I can almost assure you your hit in hobby is going to be a relic. I myself love the manufactured ring/pin/award cards and like everything else, depending on the player, you can get something that more than makes up for the difference.

My LCS has 2014 S2 jumbo's....I guess folks only ordered so many. (I buy my boxes online and will grab some packs from the LCS as the price is just too high in-store.)

Better get my S2's out there before the market gets flooded....LOL.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I think Tanaka and Abreu are the reason for the jump in box pricing. Imo.