`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP, Tony Gwynn

RIP, Tony Gwynn
Cant believe he has passed on at the age of 54.

The one time i got to talk to Ted Williams, back in 1987 or 1988, he said that he thought Gywnn was the best hitter of his generation. couple years ago, i worked with him and his wife to do an appraisal on items that were damaged in a flood at his house.

He was a great player, and a good man, with a huge heart.

R.I.P. Tony Gwynn
The world lost a class act today. Tony Gwynn is gone but will never be forgotten. For my money he is the greatest hitter I have ever seen. He was one of a few players that even as a kid I would stop and watch his at bats no matter what I was doing. I will always remember his smile and how much he loved the game. I wish every player were like him and realize how lucky they are to play the greatest game in the world. Thank you Mr. Gwynn. You were a Hall of Fame person and player.

RE: R.I.P. Tony Gwynn
World class act and a natural ball player.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

RE: RIP, Tony Gwynn
One of the best hitters I had the privilege to watch. Classy, humble, and hardworking, yet one of the greatest players of a generation, RIP Tony!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(06-16-2014, 10:33 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Cant believe he has passed on at the age of 54.

The one time i got to talk to Ted Williams, back in 1987 or 1988, he said that he thought Gywnn was the best hitter of his generation.
When I heard on the radio today of his passing, one of the first thoughts through my mind was recalling the story you told long ago in a thread about your encounter with Williams and his comments about Gwynn that you shared.
Gwynn was just awesome, and will be missed by many.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

So young. Rip tony
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

A ballplayer as a ballplayer should be. A person, whom we should all try to emulate. R.I.P. Mr. Gwynn.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Sad news indeed. He was my age. As others said, a true class act. We'll miss you Tony.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Just read the news myself. Can't believe this happened. It is kind of understandable to see players who played in the 1940's 50's and 60's end up dying now. It is really hard to see people you watch when you were younger die. I feel sorry for Jr. and the rest of his family. One of the greatest pure hitters that I will see in my lifetime.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

please, learn from gwynn: dont do chew. there are consequences