`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bay purchase gone bad??

Bay purchase gone bad??
Okay guys, last Friday I purchased a cool RGIII card, a 2012 Gridiron pullout auto jersey with the gold auto on it. I paid for it right away, hoping they would reciprocate and ship out as quick, not the case. They didn't ship out until this past Thursday! No big deal, they said they may take at least 3 days to ship. Here's the little problem/conundrum...it got to my PO this morning and it was sorted and ready to deliver. I check online for tracking, and it said out for delivery, then 30 minutes later it said it was undeliverable. This was very confusing because my carrier and I have a cool relationship and if my name or address was on a piece of mail, it goes to our house, regardless. So, I call up there to find out what happened and here's where the story gets interesting...

The lady there tells me something very screwy. She says according to the website, the tracking number has my name and address as the recipient, however, when she pulled the package and was physically holding it in her hand, that very same exact tracking number had someone else's name AND address printed on the label(which obviously they couldn't tell me the name or address). Now here's the kicker, the senders return address is the same exact person I purchased the card from!?!?! WTF????? The only reason why the package wasn't delivered was because the name and address is 1)an addressee on his route, but 2) the person it is addressed to, they moved a few months ago.

Now here's the deal, the lady will hold the package as long as it needs, unless the addressee actually calls wondering why their package wasn't delivered or what not, then she has no choice but to forward it to the person, which I understand. She said what I need to do was get a hold of the seller ASAP and find out what happened with this shipping faux pas, and have him give me the name and address that was written on the label to prove to her that it was entered incorrectly(which sounds so freaking fishy already) and then to have him email her the same info along with what and how it happened to have a "paper trail." Then and only then will she be able to release the package to me!! A little help/advice would be helpful...thanks guys!!

RE: Bay purchase gone bad??
i believe there are a few members on here that work for the USPS
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

Can't help with any resolution, but definitely sounds like one of those scams where they adjust the shipping label to a near by address to you. That way PayPal and eBay see the package as being delivered, albeit to the wrong place and its against you for filing a claim. I'm not sire how others have dealt with it in the past, but probably contacting your bank, credit card company to dispute the transaction and getting ij touch with law enforcement would sound like the right steps. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out
[Image: 2yxmaPs.png]
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

Mostly collecting NYG, Ray Lewis and Kobe Bryant

Ouch! Sorry man...I don't know anything, but I hope it works out for you!

Thanks guys! I've been messaging back and forth with the seller, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully, it will work out....

Mann, I hate the thought of this even being a scam. I heard of this being done and sellers getting away with it. I just hope it never happens to me. Hope it works out for you bro.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(06-16-2014, 02:07 PM)kollectornet Wrote: Mann, I hate the thought of this even being a scam. I heard of this being done and sellers getting away with it. I just hope it never happens to me. Hope it works out for you bro.
Yeah, me too!! But hopefully the seller is being legit with me and trying to work things out. Hopefully the post office will send it back to the seller and the seller will correct the shipping address and send it again like he says he will. He had a person helping him when this happened and apparently a couple other of his recent auctions had similar situations happen because of this "help" so we'll see how it pans out over the course of the next week or so*fingers crossed*

As unlikely as this sounds, it could be an onset mistake on the seller's part. I hope you and the seller work this out amicably.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.