`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You would think I would learn about box breaks

RE: You would think I would learn about box breaks
(06-13-2014, 02:10 PM)Midwestconnection Wrote: do not break wax if you are going to complain about it.
If you are offended I'm sorry. I thought everyone would realize it was tongue in cheek. Geez.

(06-13-2014, 08:38 AM)glassnickels Wrote: I would love the Starlin Castro relic myself! If you're looking to unload it let me know. Don't know why relics are case hits but there aren't any Cubs autos in the Fan Favorites set this year so this is one thing I'm going after. I agree that the box price is super high for Archives this year and if you look at the return from selling it's awful.
Have just put a Mark Grace card in my organizer. You might want to check periodically as I may put in more.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(06-13-2014, 02:32 PM)bamyanks Wrote: If you are offended I'm sorry. I thought everyone would realize it was tongue in cheek. Geez.

Have just put a Mark Grace card in my organizer. You might want to check periodically as I may put in more.
buy a case and your results will even out. These whine threads run thin on me.

Nice box toppers
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-13-2014, 02:32 PM)bamyanks Wrote: If you are offended I'm sorry. I thought everyone would realize it was tongue in cheek.
It's all good with me, buddy! I actually like to see the joys of victory as well as the agonies of defeat. It keeps things real, and makes me feel less 'freaky' when I open a stinker of a box.
As far as cases .... I've had a bad case before, and it doesn't 'even out' ... And if I were to complain about it, that's my prerogative Smile
You don't have to be 'sorry' about anything! You can complain to friends in order to get a sympathetic word of encouragement. Much More therapeutic than beating the dog Smile (no, that's not a euphemism for something else Smile ... I meant it literally!)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-14-2014, 04:10 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's all good with me, buddy! I actually like to see the joys of victory as well as the agonies of defeat. It keeps things real, and makes me feel less 'freaky' when I open a stinker of a box.
As far as cases .... I've had a bad case before, and it doesn't 'even out' ... And if I were to complain about it, that's my prerogative Smile
You don't have to be 'sorry' about anything! You can complain to friends in order to get a sympathetic word of encouragement. Much More therapeutic than beating the dog Smile (no, that's not a euphemism for something else Smile ... I meant it literally!)
Thanks for the kind words. I thought everyone could tell I was "tongue in cheek". Partly anyway. I guess I didn't realize we had forum police, thought I had the right to write what I wanted. Again, thanks for understanding and the kind words. The big thing to me, I would love to buy cases, but cash is very tight right now. I was lucky to be able to afford 2 boxes at over a $100 per box. Oh well, such is life I guess.
(06-14-2014, 12:28 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Thanks for the kind words. I thought everyone could tell I was "tongue in cheek". Partly anyway. I guess I didn't realize we had forum police, thought I had the right to write what I wanted. Again, thanks for understanding and the kind words. The big thing to me, I would love to buy cases, but cash is very tight right now. I was lucky to be able to afford 2 boxes at over a $100 per box. Oh well, such is life I guess.
And the worst part of the whole deal, I couldn't even make the base set. I know I'm short at least 1 card, and I'll have to check to see how many of the cards I'm short are ones I pull out for my personal collection. Right now I'm short 1 card that wasn't pulled out for my collection. Seems we ought to make a set from 2 boxes.

(06-13-2014, 02:10 PM)Midwestconnection Wrote: do not break wax if you are going to complain about it.
who pissed in your cereal this morning?

don't like reading threads from people venting about a bad break? don't click on threads with titles like YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD LEARN ABOUT BOX BREAKS

no reason for that BS
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(06-14-2014, 12:28 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Thanks for the kind words. I thought everyone could tell I was "tongue in cheek". Partly anyway. I guess I didn't realize we had forum police, thought I had the right to write what I wanted. Again, thanks for understanding and the kind words. The big thing to me, I would love to buy cases, but cash is very tight right now. I was lucky to be able to afford 2 boxes at over a $100 per box. Oh well, such is life I guess.

And the worst part of the whole deal, I couldn't even make the base set. I know I'm short at least 1 card, and I'll have to check to see how many of the cards I'm short are ones I pull out for my personal collection. Right now I'm short 1 card that wasn't pulled out for my collection. Seems we ought to make a set from 2 boxes.
I would think you'd get at least one base set (minus - SP high numbers of course)
I bought some packs ... Who do you need? I'm not collecting archives this year so if I have it, it's yours, my Yankee brother!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-14-2014, 05:55 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I would think you'd get at least one base set (minus - SP high numbers of course)
I bought some packs ... Who do you need? I'm not collecting archives this year so if I have it, it's yours, my Yankee brother!
You would think you could make a set. Anyway, I need 9 cards. The numbers are:

164-Musial
162-Paul O'Neill
156-Rizzuto
151-Joe D
138-Spahn
103-Orlando Hernandez
100-Bryce Harper
44-Ernie Banks
16-??????????????????

As you can tell, the first 8 cards are ones I pulled out for some of the players I collect. However CARD NUMBER 16 is not, and I have no clue who it is. Like I said, you would think you could get a whole set from 2 boxes, but in the 2 boxes, NO NUMBER 16. Oh well, I'm semi-retired, guess I need something to do. (Yeah, right I have lots of things to do).
(06-14-2014, 01:56 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: who pissed in your cereal this morning?

don't like reading threads from people venting about a bad break? don't click on threads with titles like YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD LEARN ABOUT BOX BREAKS

no reason for that BS
thank you. the last line was what I was thinking but was scared to write it.

(06-14-2014, 09:05 PM)bamyanks Wrote: You would think you could make a set. Anyway, I need 9 cards. The numbers are:
164-Musial
162-Paul O'Neill
156-Rizzuto
151-Joe D
138-Spahn
103-Orlando Hernandez
100-Bryce Harper
44-Ernie Banks
16-??????????????????
As you can tell, the first 8 cards are ones I pulled out for some of the players I collect. However CARD NUMBER 16 is not, and I have no clue who it is. Like I said, you would think you could get a whole set from 2 boxes, but in the 2 boxes, NO NUMBER 16. Oh well, I'm semi-retired, guess I need something to do. (Yeah, right I have lots of things to do).
According to the checklist .... #16 should be Matt Harvey .... And I don't have him.
I have Spahn and Musial for you ... Our similar Yankee-affliction-addiction is preventing me from giving up my Scooter card, though. Smile sorry. But PM me with your address and I'll PWE them in the mail Monday or Tuesday.