`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best Way To Sale off Entire Collection?

Best Way To Sale off Entire Collection?
I have a bunch of cards, mainly football cards that are taking up too much closet space so I'm looking to sale my entire collection. Problem is, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything of high value. My best card is probably my auto Tommy Maddox RC which seems to be worth around $15.

I have a ton of other rookie cards which are priced mostly at $1-$5 on ebay. I'm wondering if I put ~50 of them together would fetching $50 for them be realistic? Are people buying that way or would I be better off trying to sale them individually?

Secondly any advice on where I should sale them? Ebay? Beckett?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

RE: Best Way To Sale off Entire Collection?
I guess it would depend on what all is in the lot and how many total cards you have. If they're mostly base cards and minor inserts, selling the whole thing in bulk may be tough. I would say the way to get the most from them with the least amount of effort is to break them into team lots, and sell the teams for 10-20 dollars a piece BIN + shipping depending on how many they are per team. It's really hard to say without knowing what you have, though.

(06-03-2014, 11:26 PM)JayTac Wrote: I have a bunch of cards, mainly football cards that are taking up too much closet space so I'm looking to sale my entire collection. Problem is, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything of high value. My best card is probably my auto Tommy Maddox RC which seems to be worth around $15.

I have a ton of other rookie cards which are priced mostly at $1-$5 on ebay. I'm wondering if I put ~50 of them together would fetching $50 for them be realistic? Are people buying that way or would I be better off trying to sale them individually?

Secondly any advice on where I should sale them? Ebay? Beckett?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.
The term is sell, not sale.

Usually, putting 10 $5 cards in a lot won't get you $50, it'll get you less than that for various reasons.

Look into COMC to see if that is something you'd want to do.

If you wanted to maximize the sale of your collection I'd say go the individual route. If you are looking to sell them relatively quickly and are fine with taking a bit of a hit money wise in exchange for that, sell as a lot or multiple lots.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Definitely team lots. After separating out every single card from the team, make sure you specifically mention the best three or four cards included in the lot. Don't include duplicates. 90's cards sell for crap in most cases and simply stating "no duplicates" in the title goes a long way.

Oh yeah.... Dibs on the seahawks lot

list of personally banned eBay users you may want to avoid, Cranes509 , ronrob5

I have given a lot of thought to this topic because I will be doing a lot of selling in the near future. I do believe coming up with team lots will be the way to go.

I plan on getting some small team lots together. Probably 15-25 cards. No duplicates. I will wait until Ebay has a no listing fee promotion. Then put the starting bid at 9.99 with free shipping.

By using smaller lot sizes, I can spread my duplicates across multiple lots.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2