`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last warning to people I trade.

Last warning to people I trade.
I keep getting cards that if I was trading to someone I would warn about damage before I did the trade. I usually still do the trade but dont try and slip something by me. Im done being nice, next time I will just report. Check the cards before you send.

RE: Last warning to people I trade.
Are they older cards or modern cards? If older (at least 90's or earlier) then I would ask for a scan before doing a trade. That way you can look at corner or such.

(06-02-2014, 09:32 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Are they older cards or modern cards? If older (at least 90's or earlier) then I would ask for a scan before doing a trade. That way you can look at corner or such.
All newer cards
I just dont understand how I can understand what a damaged card looks like and tell people before I make the trade and others cant. Shouldnt have to ask for a scan on every trade.

Personally, I like receiving my chrome/prizm cards looking like they were gone over with a wire brush, and then fingerprinted by a guy who just grabbed a fistful of french fries. If I didn't have to wipe off fingerprints and throw half the cards away...I mean...I'd just be sleeving them and sticking them in a box or binder. I'd have more time on my hands than I'd know what to do with! *sarcasm*

You'd think you wouldn't have to ask, but in all reality you do. And then some people will still tell you that they're just fine.

(06-02-2014, 09:32 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Are they older cards or modern cards? If older (at least 90's or earlier) then I would ask for a scan before doing a trade. That way you can look at corner or such.
The last time I asked for scans I got the pictures of them in scratched up toploaders, just told the guy 'absolutely no scratches' and to just make an honest assessment, and they came with half-inch creases (these were 90s cards). I've had equal bad experiences with personal collectors and dealers, but collectors tend to not volunteer flaws, while dealers tend to pretend they don't exist. I understand..it's your livelihood and everything in your inventory has a value because it puts food on your table, but I don't want your crap.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)