`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade it or not!

Grade it or not!
Guys I just rediscovered a card as I was looking through my collection to see if I could find anything else worth grading after I got my first set of graded cards back today..

It's a Donruss 2005 Yadier Molina Rated Rookie (Red Press Proof)

I was curious on what this card was selling for online. I found one listing where a BGS 9.5 is selling for around $125! Does anybody have any tips for me, since I am new? I guess basically what I'm asking is, is anybody familiar with this card's value? I'm hoping that 125 buck listing isn't just a guy trying to get lucky. The quality of my card is amazing! I've compared it to the 9's i got back today and it is much better under a very strong magnifying glass. It looks just about as good as the 9.5 ripken i got back today. If I end up grading it, should I go with Beckett or try out PSA?

I'll upload a pic of the card, anything you see on the surface is on the case its in. See what you think about the edges/corners. The surface of my card is flawless! I'd just like to get some input from some experienced collectors out there Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Grade it or not!
There is a BGS 9.5 with an asking price of $119 or best offer. Asking price is different than selling price. I seen a BGS 9 Black one which is #'d /10 that went for under $100. Ungraded sells for around $40. A graded 9.5 would probably get you $75 if that.. After grading fee's, ebay and paypal fee's might not be worth sending it as it might grade a 9 even tho it might look gem mint.. Good luck either way..

(05-30-2014, 08:06 PM)griffey32 Wrote: There is a BGS 9.5 with an asking price of $119 or best offer. Asking price is different than selling price. I seen a BGS 9 Black one which is #'d /10 that went for under $100. Ungraded sells for around $40. A graded 9.5 would probably get you $75 if that.. After grading fee's, ebay and paypal fee's might not be worth sending it as it might grade a 9 even tho it might look gem mint.. Good luck either way..
Thanks for the reply. I very carefully examined it a bit closer. At first I was more worried about the corners/edges but now after using that magnifying glass a little more I'm more worried about the surface. It's got no printing errors that I can tell but it does have a few small scuffs that are only visible while catching the perfect glare with a flashlight. Do you (or anybody reading this) have any experience with surface subgrades on cards with just a couple scuffs? The scuffs look like they were caused from sliding it in and out of a sleeve.

If it's for your PC, grade it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(05-30-2014, 09:00 PM)Nealcz Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I very carefully examined it a bit closer. At first I was more worried about the corners/edges but now after using that magnifying glass a little more I'm more worried about the surface. It's got no printing errors that I can tell but it does have a few small scuffs that are only visible while catching the perfect glare with a flashlight. Do you (or anybody reading this) have any experience with surface subgrades on cards with just a couple scuffs? The scuffs look like they were caused from sliding it in and out of a sleeve.
IF it has scuffs that you can see, I wouldn't send it in.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!