`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Johnson / Red Sox

Brian Johnson / Red Sox
I got into 2010 & 2011 Topps USA. 2010 Brian Johnson Cards shows a pictured player being right handed. 2011 Brian Johnson show a pictured player being left handed. Back of 2010 cards (base, autos, jersey) shows stats as 6'3"/225 lbs. Going to U of Florida. Back of 2011 cards (base, autos, jersey) also show 6'3"/225lbs. Going to U of Florida. I want to believe that the 2010 pictured player is in error. I have checked the UF rosters for 2010 & 2011 and there was only one Brian Johnson on the 2010 & 2011 teams from Cocoa Beach Fla.
Can't find any info about this being an error. Could anyone satisfy that this just an error?
Thanks.

RE: Brian Johnson / Red Sox
Personally, I don't believe it is an error card. Johnson simply put a glove on his left hand and held the ball with his right hand and Topps snapped a picture. It is definitely the same guy with the same #45 that is shown pitching left-handed in the 2010 Bowman Platinum and other cards including 2011 although he switched to #35 in 2011 according to photos and rosters. Since there is no known "correction" or variation there would be no added value to it, but the card itself would not be an error.