`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't I Listen to my Gut?

Why Don't I Listen to my Gut?
Just finished a case break of '13-'14 Quantum. I had two slots, which wound up being picks #9 & 24 (of 28). Cleveland & Detroit were combo'd into one slot, and I immediately looked at the checklist & saw tons of Barry Sanders hits along with a bunch of Ozzy Newsome stuff. So pick 9 rolls around, the usual early picks are gone, and I want sooooooo bad to draft that CLE/DET combo...but instead I decide that between Geno Smith & a bunch of Joe Namath hits, the Jets are a better pick & maybe everyone will sleep on the Lions & Browns & I can get them at 24....

Well, someone drafts the combo in the middle teens, I end up with Oakland as my other team (not bad, really), and when the case is done I've got a Geno Smith jersey card /75 & a Derek Carr draft picks /175. Not terrible, really, except...

The second box yields a Newsome auto (I think /82). Then sitting in the third box, waiting to taunt and ridicule me, is the /3 Barry Sanders auto. :cry:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go kick some puppies.

RE: Why Don't I Listen to my Gut?
thats why i dont do group breaks. i'm greedy and want all the hits to myself.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

I hate "pick your team" breaks! I always overthink what's in there. Random is better cause everybody has same odds of getting that top hit and player they want and you don't want to go "kick some puppies" afterward haha.

Sorry about the tough break, man! Next time, gut feeling all the way!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(05-13-2014, 08:34 PM)robsvideos Wrote: thats why i dont do group breaks. i'm greedy and want all the hits to myself.
Ah, if but I could afford a case of anything worth buying. Sad

sORRY BETTER luck next time
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Wow that's tough. Sorry to hear that. But I would have thought the added possibility of a Manziel XRC would make the Browns/Lions combo a no-brainer...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(05-14-2014, 12:27 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Wow that's tough. Sorry to hear that. But I would have thought the added possibility of a Manziel XRC would make the Browns/Lions combo a no-brainer...
Eh...I'm in these as a collector, not a re-seller, and I don't really see any investment value in yet another Browns "franchise quarterback." So that plus their scarcity meant that I wasn't really taking him into account.

LOL :-D That's TERRIBLE man. Hey, I pulled a Kaepernick Chrome Rc Auto and gave it away for $15 in trade once! That still breaks my heart