Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A redemption that started bad, then went good from Leaf
Shocked 
A redemption that started bad, then went good from Leaf
So, last year I got in on a break of Trinity when it came out and got the Jags in the random. Well, I got one Pure redemption for Denard Robinson, and one inscriptions auto for Denard as well. Not sure if any of you had heard about it, but when Denard had signed those cards and sent them back, apparently UPS lost the shipment (at least, that's what Leaf said, and at the moment, I would tend to believe that).

Anyhow, so after that, the redemption sat for six months or so, and I contacted them asking if it would be that much longer, and they said they were going to annouce something about them. They did, and they said they got a game used Michigan jersey from Denard's agent, and they were going to make cards from that and have him sign them. Said it would take 20-60 days. Took several more months... Contacted them a couple other times about them, and they would update me, and say what it would take.

After a little under a year, last week I decided I was going to ask for replacements, as it just seems like this has been going on for ages with no real results. I logged into the Leaf Redemption site, and they weren't listed in the Active tab anymore.... Odd, I thought.... Clicked on the history, and it says they were shipped on the 5th. I hadn't heard that they were finished, and was wondering if they were sending replacements.

Got them in the mail on Saturday. Suffice to say, even though it took forever, Leaf came through on these! Nice design and they were, for the most part, very good at keeping me updated on the status.

So, I would assume that the unnumbered white jersey was for the Inscriptions auto:

And the 8/25 patch was for the Pure:

Overall, I give Leaf props for these cards! Would be cool to have something like this for Eddie Lacy or Johnathan Franklin and be game used jerseys, but I know someone who is going to love having one of these.

Though, since these are replacements for the Trinity cards, do you think the values would be similar to the values for the Trinity prices they put in the OPG? Or will they be more or less because they aren't from the actual set?

RE: A redemption that started bad, then went good from Leaf
Very cool!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

If you are looking to trade those I would be very interested!

What it seems like is these were a special made set to replace those cards and are not pack inserted? If so I would assume they would be pretty in demand since not everyone has a chance to pull them.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(05-13-2014, 09:15 AM)branesergen Wrote: What it seems like is these were a special made set to replace those cards and are not pack inserted? If so I would assume they would be pretty in demand since not everyone has a chance to pull them.
That would be correct, they weren't themselves in packs. They are replacements for the Trinity Pure and Inscription auto redemptions that were in packs, but these cards themselves were not.

very cool..
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]