`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good week of TTM success. Updated IP autos.

A good week of TTM success. Updated IP autos.
Sent out about 100 cards 2 months ago and finally I'm getting some back. All are Phillies who played in at least one game with the team. I don't have much extra in vintage cards so I got these blank cards off the internet. Most of the players I sent cards to don't have cards in a Phillies uniform so I figured these would be cool.

Ricky Jordan (1989-94) 662 games, Ron Diorio (1973-74) 25 games
Tom Herr (1989-90) 297 games, Al Raffo (1969) 45 games
Marlon Anderson (1998-02) 479 games, Bob Dernier (1980-83)(1988-89) 439 games
[Image: IMG_0001_zps1aa02077.jpg]

Jon Zuber (1996)(1998) 68 games, Leroy Reams (1969) 1 game
Tom Qualters (1953)(1957-58) 8 games
Jack Baldschun (1961-65) 333 games

[Image: IMG_0002_zps3731b2cb.jpg]

Jack Baldschun was nice enough to send me a great 4x6 personalized auto. Seems like I'm having better luck with the older players. I will update this post weekly should I get more back. Thanks for looking.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: A good week of TTM success
Ose are some really nice looking cards to add to the PC.

Congrats! Remember you sending these out (or at least announcing your intention). Those are just awesome and will make a great binder by themself. Do you send them with return SA stamped envelopes? Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you in your endevor!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Nice, I used to be very big into TTM and in person autos for my son and my collection. I am not collecting anymore but have well over 100 autos I have gotten that way of Braves
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(05-11-2014, 08:13 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats! Remember you sending these out (or at least announcing your intention). Those are just awesome and will make a great binder by themself. Do you send them with return SA stamped envelopes? Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you in your endevor!
Thank you much for the comments. I've been sending them out with a SA stamped CD mailer. These holders cost a bit more but are a little more sturdy. I also include a blue sharpie in each one. Figured if I make it easy and include everything I might get a few more back.

(05-12-2014, 10:35 AM)mjmj1966 Wrote: I also include a blue sharpie in each one. Figured if I make it easy and include everything I might get a few more back.
Nice touch.......and yea, make it as simple as possible (plus they probably enjoy the free swag....LOL). Thanks, you have encouraged me to start a project with my daughters.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-12-2014, 01:51 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nice touch.......and yea, make it as simple as possible (plus they probably enjoy the free swag....LOL). Thanks, you have encouraged me to start a project with my daughters.
You really should! I keep thinking of trying ttm again our of curiosity because I did it when i was a kid and had almost no success except for nolan ryan. But now there is so much more info our there on how to succeed it would be a fun project for the kiddo's

RE: A good week of TTM success. Updated IP auto!
No new TTM's right now but I did go see Lance Parrish this past week at a card shop in PA. Would rank him up there with one of the best I've been to and he's got a very nice signature. Here's what I got:

Progress on my Phillies catchers plate
[Image: photo1_zps926601e6.jpg]

Not too many decent photos to chose from. I joked with him on this one cause its a swinging strike. He laughed about it and told me he hit the next one out.
[Image: photo3_zps9891e3aa.jpg]

My 100 different Phillies players baseball project. Got to count them to see where I'm at. Think I'm around 50.
[Image: photo4_zpsa4f5cd7b.jpg]

And lastly my Gold Glove collection. These balls sign great.
[Image: photo2_zps8e4a0181.jpg]

Next up is Brad Lidge, Maikel Franco, and Domonic Brown in June. Thanks for looking.

Mike