Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Bowman - ONE CARD IS DRIVING ME NUTS

2014 Bowman - ONE CARD IS DRIVING ME NUTS
Joe Mauer

Seriously, I know this happens probably more than I realize and maybe most of you collectors don't really care but in today's day and age it shouldn't happen.

This year's Bowman Joe Mauer is a picture of him from the Metrodome........which closed in 2009. Come on, Topps. You really don't have an adequate pic of him to use other than one from almost 5 years ago?

Again, I'm being picky......but I just think it shouldn't happen. End rant. Carry on. Long live card collectors! http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smi...iggrin.gif

RE: 2014 Bowman - ONE CARD IS DRIVING ME NUTS
(05-03-2014, 08:06 AM)madamson Wrote: Joe Mauer

Seriously, I know this happens probably more than I realize and maybe most of you collectors don't really care but in today's day and age it shouldn't happen.

This year's Bowman Joe Mauer is a picture of him from the Metrodome........which closed in 2009. Come on, Topps. You really don't have an adequate pic of him to use other than one from almost 5 years ago?

Again, I'm being picky......but I just think it shouldn't happen. End rant. Carry on. Long live card collectors! http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smi...iggrin.gif
Not being picky at all, but calling out Topps for being lazy slackers ... That's commendable!
Thanks for pointing that out, Mark.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm not suprised. Topps has a 3 cards of Brennan Boesch this year 2 trajectory Relics and the own the name jersey card. All showing him in a Tigers Uniform. He hasn't been with the team since 2012 and is currently on the Angels after being with the Yankees last year for a bit. I could see if he played for Detroit last year but after 2 years thats a bit much.

Going through some older 80s OpeeChee and Topps cards the other day, I re-noticed something that I remember seeing in the past. If you look closely, and you know the stadium, most of the cards from like 85-87 are all pictures taken at Tiger Stadium (for those that are too young or don't remember Tiger Stadium had a very distinctive upper deck overhang, press box, and bleachers). Back in the day they must have hired a few photographers around the country who just camped out at the closest stadium to them and took the game action or warm up photos at one sight.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!