`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UnFREAKINGbelievable!!!!

RE: UnFREAKINGbelievable!!!!
(04-25-2014, 11:34 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Sorry about your continued issue with Topps. Stay on them like a dog on a bone until you get resolution is all I can suggest.

Other points....Panini makes great looking cards, but other than my team PC, I don't collect them.

Also, tired of comments on how stupid and wasteful some of us "are" for buying boxes or ripping product. Yea I complain if I don't feel I get value out of my breaks, but I also complain if I go to a movie and I end up not liking it. I do both for the experience and joy within the experience. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion but show a little decorum and respect for your fellow hobbists. Boxbreakers need love too!!!!!
My apologies P.Joe...... I don't mean people & fellow hobbyist are stupid personally so please excuse my understatement.... I think the concept of busting high end boxes/packs is what's stupid......They charge these obscene prices & the buyer ends up pulling crap, mis-seeded / ratio box, or cards that you can't even give away because they are more valuable if used for starting a fire on a cold night.....just out of curiosity,,,,, if anyone including myself goes in to dropping $300-$400 on a box of cards already knowing the odds are against them & crap gets pulled then there should be no reason to complain..... It's same comparison as buying a car that's a lemon and then complaining about it not running right.....

also do you by chance go onto a movie website & complain about a bad movie? If not then why do it with cards.... Or instead complain on the card manufacturers website about how you didn't get your money's worth to where your voice might have an impact on their next release....

Last year my dumbass spent $300 on a sealed 2007 TOPPS Sterling Barry bonds box and only pulled a Barry bonds jersey card and only four cards came in the whole box..... Yes that made me a total dumbass.... Sometimes the truth stings a little bit but the truth is still the truth.... I can't say that my purchase made good business sense.....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(04-24-2014, 10:10 PM)accfan01 Wrote: It actually wasn't free. Yea, they gave it to me, but I deserved it after all the BS I had to deal with. This all started with a simple redemption that they couldn't fulfill. Then they send me a replacement that was just a fraction of what the original redemption was worth. They considered the case closed so I had to go file a BBB complaint. Then after a month of that, they send me this which STILL doesn't compensate me for the ORIGINAL redemption and is actually, yet another, slap in the face. So basically, I paid for a crappy box of cards that is missing hits. That's why I'm pissed off about it. It's not even about the monetary value anymore. It's now about them sending me a sh!t box to try and cover their butts which they failed epic-ally on. If you are going to send something to someone for all of their time and trouble, at least make sure the box contains what it is supposed to. So now I have to go back and start with them all over again!
to be fair here... how would they KNOW before you open it that its a "dud" box with no stated hits inside of it... I highly doubt they would have boxes known to have zero hits sit around just to "solve" complaints against them..that just seems silly... you are treating the situation as if they did a box with no hits in it intentionally to you - mistakes happen.

I realize that is nitpicking what you said a bit and you are just upset that they "solved' one issue and ended up creating another but either way I doubt it was intentional on their end. just get on them about the missing hit with a lil backstory
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Rollx8....I agree totaly with the message.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

John: I agree with you. I don't think they did it intentionally. I just think it creates a bigger problem than just sending me a single card as a replacement. I'm sure they didn't intentionally pack a dud box but of all the boxes they could have given me, I get the one that has no hits even when they are stated on the box.

On a side not, has anyone read the pulls that you can get out of it? It says "1965 Topps Originals -1;3 packs". I'm not sure what that means but I took it as pulling an actual 1965 Topps card. Any ideas?
[Image: 286z31h.png]

Bucket: http://s863.photobucket.com/user/uncfan011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

(04-26-2014, 12:02 AM)accfan01 Wrote: John: I agree with you. I don't think they did it intentionally. I just think it creates a bigger problem than just sending me a single card as a replacement. I'm sure they didn't intentionally pack a dud box but of all the boxes they could have given me, I get the one that has no hits even when they are stated on the box.

On a side not, has anyone read the pulls that you can get out of it? It says "1965 Topps Originals -1;3 packs". I'm not sure what that means but I took it as pulling an actual 1965 Topps card. Any ideas?
Correct....1965 card (buybacks), not in mint shape but are nice. They put a little stamp on them so that messes them up as far as "originals". I'm pretty sure that I got 1 per hobby box. so the 1:3 packs is suprising to see.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I wanted to comment on the other thread and in this one but it has been said so many times, if you don't have anything good to say, do say nothing at all. What I want to say is so bad and a little negative but I believe its the honest truth, but I will keep it to myself. Smile
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]