`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Org/trade issues
04-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Org/trade issues
Is anyone actually working on this? I'm no IT guy but it's been weeks and can't we just undo whatever was done on the last update so the site at least functions?? I see all the complaints on the boards and there are no updates coming or any progress seemingly being made. Like at any company there should be a "we're aware of X number of issues and the time frame for repair is X". Is this just not a priority for Beckett? Days I think we can all understand. Weeks/Months with no anticipated repair time is really bad customer service/product delivery for any business. It says to Beckett's customers that no one is really working on it or no one knows how to fix it. Kinda sad because this is a great site when it functions properly.

Angels RC's - Trout, Skaggs, Cron, Cowart, Lindsey, Maronde, Luis Jimenez, Hunter Green, Kole Calhoun, Mark Sappington, etc.

Looking for Bowman Chrome Draft and Chrome Prospects set fillers. PM me what you have avail!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 06:59 AM
RE: Org/trade issues
I talked with Dan via email yesterday and in all honesty it sounds like nothing has been done at all this week (just my impression). He has asked for the lead programmer to reach out to me but that hasn't happened yet, I am hoping early next week.

I told him, as I am sure many have, how far daily updates on what they are working on or trying would go a long way.

As with most people I don't believe anything will actually be done which is why my auto renew is off.

[Image: patrick_roy_banner_zps0a7c138b.jpg]
04-27-2014, 02:46 AM
(04-26-2014 06:59 AM)snobles Wrote:  He has asked for the lead programmer to reach out to me but that hasn't happened yet, I am hoping early next week.

I had a phone conference with Dan and the head programmer a month ago. You see where we are now. I honestly feel that they do not have programmers with abilities to fixing this site. To be quite honest I do not thin they are even putting a lot of effort into it. I have kept my post and opinions to myself during this time period to let them prove themseleves, and it just has not happened. Beckett needs to hire the developer over at zistle. They have a program that has many similarities to this one, WITHOUT all of the bugs we are experiencing.

Looking for Jose Abreu, Mark Appel, Xander Bogaerts, Byron Buxton, Nick Castellanos, Carlos Correa, Chris Owings, Josmil Pinto, George Springer, and Masahiro Tanaka.
04-27-2014, 07:17 AM
(04-27-2014 02:46 AM)seal006 Wrote:  I had a phone conference with Dan and the head programmer a month ago. You see where we are now. I honestly feel that they do not have programmers with abilities to fixing this site. To be quite honest I do not thin they are even putting a lot of effort into it.

My thoughts exactly. I think they are in so deep now they can't dig out. I don't think there are any users who wouldn't take a bit of downtime to get new working code in place.

If Beckett was serious about us it would have been fixed by now, we can see that we are a back burner section of this site and always will be.

They have received my last $10 until something major changes.

04-27-2014, 08:03 AM
I am an IT guy, and though my situation is very different from Beckett's IT guys (I work for a gov't agency and have a large team and sufficient resources to do the job), it seems to me there are some basics that aren't being followed...

- Before putting code into production, we have representatives from the user community fully test and sign off on the revised code base. No user acceptance test / acceptance, no move to prod.

- All moves to production have a detailed plan that's followed and a rollback plan in case the deployment fails. A key step in every deployment plan is a go / no go decision by the project manager and the user sponsor, and if either believes the product isn't working properly, the rollback plan is followed to restore the prior version.

- Fixing badly broken code takes precedence over developing new features.

to name a few. I'd be more than happy to volunteer as a user test participant, checking out new code in a different site before moving it here, I'm sure many of you would also.

And as long as I'm writing, we generally don't disable useful features with new releases - can we please have the search tool added back to the left end of the bar at the top of the collection list in organizer, you know, the one you can use to search for Have=0 or whatever? It's a major pain to have to scan through multiple pages of a collection looking for zeroes (or whatever) in the Have/keep/want/... columns.

Building sets, and collecting Ovechkin, Varlamov, Neuvirth, Calle Johansson and
Craig Laughlin... and now Marcus Johansson
[Image: PC-Mail_0001-2-1-1.jpg]
04-27-2014, 10:28 AM
(04-27-2014 08:03 AM)mswatson Wrote:  And as long as I'm writing, we generally don't disable useful features with new releases - can we please have the search tool added back to the left end of the bar at the top of the collection list in organizer, you know, the one you can use to search for Have=0 or whatever? It's a major pain to have to scan through multiple pages of a collection looking for zeroes (or whatever) in the Have/keep/want/... columns.

I believe it was disabled because it had problems too. Although much of it worked I know if I searched for all cards with have either not equal to or greater than 0, it returned all cards with 0. Searches for a specific quantity worked fine.

I would agree that having it back even if not fixed for error above would be better than not having it at all.
04-27-2014, 04:45 PM
the problem im seeing from an IT perspective is at least 3 different generations of code on top of each other, written by completely different parties, with each succeeding generation trying to patch the previous one without fully knowing exactly what implications it would have.

what they really need to do is rewrite the entire site separate from this, then test in a virtual environment, then run it through a group of select users who use the site in different ways (people that use org primarily, use trade feature, etc)

onedollardutch.blogspot.com
04-27-2014, 08:53 PM
(04-27-2014 04:45 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  what they really need to do is rewrite the entire site separate from this, then test in a virtual environment, then run it through a group of select users who use the site in different ways (people that use org primarily, use trade feature, etc)

+1

This is 100% what needs to happen with this site!

04-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Absolutely, BUT, I do not see that happening. Heck when was the last time we even got an update from Dan?

Looking for Jose Abreu, Mark Appel, Xander Bogaerts, Byron Buxton, Nick Castellanos, Carlos Correa, Chris Owings, Josmil Pinto, George Springer, and Masahiro Tanaka.
04-28-2014, 06:53 AM
(04-27-2014 04:45 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  the problem im seeing from an IT perspective is at least 3 different generations of code on top of each other, written by completely different parties, with each succeeding generation trying to patch the previous one without fully knowing exactly what implications it would have.

what they really need to do is rewrite the entire site separate from this, then test in a virtual environment, then run it through a group of select users who use the site in different ways (people that use org primarily, use trade feature, etc)

That would be the logical way... But then again they don't seem to follow any logical path.
They seem to be focused new features (New revenue sources) instead of correcting weak spots in the code.

K