`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My trip to the local Goodwill

My trip to the local Goodwill
So my in-laws are in town and wanted to head to the local Goodwill outlet. I took them and walked in the door and it was like nothing I had ever seen before. Everything dumped in large bins and they sell things for .79 a pound.

So I dig in looking for anything that might catch my eye as they wander off. There I see it, I plastic bag full of baseball cards. I grab them and look at the top few cards. A bunch of 90-93 donruss and I see a 1979 Johnny Bench. I decide that the bag can't weigh a pound so I'll spend the .79 and go home and sort them out. Well once I finished sorting and adding them into my org, I get a BV over $1000.00. And most of these are in decent condition. For sure worth the .54 cents I paid for the bag!

I only scanned the cards worth over $10.00. The rest are in my org.

photo IMG.jpg
 photo IMG_0001.jpg
 photo IMG_0002.jpg

My scanner cut off the right edge for some reason.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

RE: My trip to the local Goodwill
Nice picking! I've only run into a few finds like that in my lifetime but not of that caliber.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Very lucky find!
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

About a week ago I went to two different Goodwill's, a random second hand store (cant remember name), and salvation army. Not one sports card found. I did ask an employee at one of the goodwill's about sports cards, he told me they rarely get them but when they do, they set them out in bins with a price on the entire bin/box.
I think ill keep trying when I get some time though.

Yea, very lucky find.

Most of the time my Goodwill has 1990 Donruss priced at $50/set. I saw that once and asked the lady how they came up with that price.

She said they looked them up online and added them all together. I tried to explain that's not how it works. She said thanks for the time and I could move on if I didn't like the price because someone would pay what they're worth.

I went by about 2 months later and they still had all the notebooks. She looked over at me and asked if I'd be willing to pay $20 apiece for them. I turned her down.