`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm looking for a pc player to collect....

I'm looking for a pc player to collect....
to go along with my 2014 Museum pc. Since I'm only buying boxes every 2 weeks I need something to fill in the void. I'm a hugh baseball fan and like way to many players so I'm kinda lost in which player to collect. Was wondering how everyone who player(s) collect chose that player(s). Thanks for all comments.

Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: I'm looking for a pc player to collect....
For me I chose Verlander because I lived in Michigan and grew up liking the Tigers. Now that I live in Maryland, I've chosen Machado and Schoop because I'm really getting into following the O's and like both of these young players.

Verlander has tons of cards and I don't expect to even really collect the tip of that PC iceberg and Machado will be tough too, but I chose Schoop also because of the fact that he does not yet have a lot of cards out. Could end up making him my first Super PC player, but as a low-end collector I'm not there yet.

Good luck choosing your PC player and I hope this helped a little bit! Hope we can trade sometime!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

I just started a willie mays vintage collection from 1952-1974. i'm 5 cards short of all his topp's regular issue cards.

i'm sure you have already have all the mike Schmidt's but if not, he would be awesome.

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I suggest Pujols. I have a few ft if interestedSmile

I've been a Tiger fan all my life. When Verlander first came up in 2005 I liked what I saw. The rest is history.

If a player is drafted/signed by my team and has never played for anyone else, that individual is up for consideration in my PC. You'd be surprised how small your list of choices gets with this one criterion. From there, I make the decision based on everything from position to personality. That's what makes me happy, and I'm sticking to it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

For me, Steve Garvey was the first player that I followed when I got into baseball. When I started following the Giants, and after Garvey's retirement Will Clark became my guy. My dad has been a Giants fan since they moved to San Francisco and Willie McCovey was his favorite player. Those are the three players that I have been focusing on, though being a Giants fan I have been picking up Willie Mays, Mel Ott and Juan Marichal as well. At this point I am only picking up the cards that I like, as there are way too many of each player to get them all. For me, it is about players that I have had a long history with, and something that I can share with my dad, and to a lesser degree my son.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

Also maybe jimmy Rollins? I hope the Phil's keep him for another 3-4 years but they may be fed up with him by now. I hope not, I like to see him retire as philly
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I'm currently in the same boat as you. I've never really truly PC'd an individual player but am leaning towards a HOF who has played since 1950 but doesn't have 10.000.000 cards to chase and is fairly "cheap". As Jonathani points out, I'd be more inclined to collect someone who spent the majority of thier career with one team. Anyway, good luck and whatever you decide, as long as your having fun, that's all that counts.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I collect Maddux since growing up as a kid in atlanta in the early to mid 90s and being a huge Braves fan - that came pretty easy to love him being a fan of smart pitchers and he could very well write the book that most would benefit reading from on the subject. loved watching him pitch!

so I but his 90s cards focusing on higher end/rarer stuff for the most part when I can afford it and slowly filling in the gaps of the lower end stuff when I find good deals or digging at the what is way to far in between card shows.

then for current guys - when I first got back into baseball again around 4 years ago I guess it was now looking over all the braves minor league guys spotted a reliever I really liked the look of - found out he was from Pikeville KY orginally which is a small small town and I actually have a number of friends from the area/that lived there so I kept an eye on him he made it to the majors and the collection started... since most relievers get little to no love I knew I could stay on top of it and continued it on threw his hot streaks and eventual cooling off and injury and amassed about as complete a collection as I could ask for. hoping for a healthy return by him in the next month or two!

depends on your money to spend and what you like really! big name guys are more exciting and will have nicer cards to choose from but lesser known guys or on smaller market teams might not have the hype behind them and be easier to work on
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I collect a lot of players including every Hall of Famer and many other players that I thought were headed to the Hall (Unfortunately many derailed by PEDs). Of all the players that I collect my favorites are Griffey (because of his talent and personality), Pujols (because of his awesomeness), Maddux (because of his work ethic) and Jeter (for his legendary status). Being a Red Sox fan I collected Nomar Garciaparra when he was with the Sox and I still collect him but not as diligently as I used to. The first players I collected as a kid were Carl Yastrzemski, Roberto Clemente, Frank Robinson and Willie McCovey. Yaz because he was my boyhood idol, Clemente and Robinson for their undaunted professionalism and McCovey because he was the first card I ever got and he will always hold a special place in my heart.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html