`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Holy Puig

OT: Holy Puig
I'm sure I'm late to the party in sharing this link, but I'm far too lazy to seek it out. Best of luck to this young man in his future and I'm glad he was able to find a way out of Cuba.

However, despite my favorite team's (Twins) lack of top-notch talent, I've never been so glad that they didn't go after a big-time FA. When you start talking about cartels, executions and shady businessman, I want nothing to do with the situation.

I've only read the AP synopsis of the story so far, but it sounds like it should be a pretty good read.

http://www.lamag.com/features/2014/04/13...ers/page/1
Kepler

RE: OT: Holy Puig
That's an amazing, shocking, surprising story!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-16-2014, 03:07 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm sure I'm late to the party in sharing this link, but I'm far too lazy to seek it out. Best of luck to this young man in his future and I'm glad he was able to find a way out of Cuba.

However, despite my favorite team's (Twins) lack of top-notch talent, I've never been so glad that they didn't go after a big-time FA. When you start talking about cartels, executions and shady businessman, I want nothing to do with the situation.

I've only read the AP synopsis of the story so far, but it sounds like it should be a pretty good read.

http://www.lamag.com/features/2014/04/13...ers/page/1
+1. Hopefully, folks will look at him in a more positive light as he just needs to grow up a little.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Cool story! Long read but worth it, makes you look at Puig in a little different light. It's amazing what these guys go through to play here.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.