`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Image Hosting services

Image Hosting services
I'm thinking about using an Image Hosting site to upload pictures of my collection. I've seen a lot of you do this. So I was hoping to hear your opinion about the options out there (photobucket, flickr, imageshack or others) before uploading a big number of photos. If you can name your favorite and the reason why or simply tell me about your experience with the one you use, that would be a great help.

RE: Image Hosting services
I use SportsCardAlbum now. I used to use photobucket but SCA makes it so much easier to post photos. I use to have to resize the photo of the card before I could post it but SCA gives you several different size options to use. Also if you move a card from one album to another the image will still remain, unlike when its moved in photobucket it shows that" image not available picture".

(04-12-2014, 10:29 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I use SportsCardAlbum now. I used to use photobucket but SCA makes it so much easier to post photos. I use to have to resize the photo of the card before I could post it but SCA gives you several different size options to use. Also if you move a card from one album to another the image will still remain, unlike when its moved in photobucket it shows that" image not available picture".
This is interesting. I have never heard of this site. I will have to take a look at it. Does it still give you the IMG code like Photobucket? Also is it free?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(04-12-2014, 10:36 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: This is interesting. I have never heard of this site. I will have to take a look at it. Does it still give you the IMG code like Photobucket? Also is it free?
Yes, it gives you the IMG code(actually gives you the img code for 3 different sizes, depending which you want) and it is free.

(04-13-2014, 12:43 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: Yes, it gives you the IMG code(actually gives you the img code for 3 different sizes, depending which you want) and it is free.
I just checked this out and I was happy to see they have an app for the Iphone. I may just have to buy this!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Nothing is better than Flickr for me..
PC Players: Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala
Currant set chase: 12/13 NT Dual Matchups Prime (71/100), Absolute Team Tandems Prime (12/25), Innovation Stat Line Prime (7/25)
PC: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28871127@N03/sets

I been using photobucket for a while now, maybe I should check out SCA...

The SCA actually looks pretty good. I am using photo bucket but am not thrilled with it. I'm getting back into paying attention to my cards and have a fairly good sized collection, but I need a better way to organize it. I am just now looking at using Beckett's Organize feature, so I can trade here, or just something like SCA so I can include the pics.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

(04-13-2014, 08:42 PM)Rabie1 Wrote: Nothing is better than Flickr for me..
I have seen your Flickr and visually is pretty impressive. But does It give you codes to post your photos in different sizes?
(04-13-2014, 09:04 PM)johngt007 Wrote: I been using photobucket for a while now, maybe I should check out SCA...
Is Photobucket free?
(04-12-2014, 10:29 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I use SportsCardAlbum now. I used to use photobucket but SCA makes it so much easier to post photos. I use to have to resize the photo of the card before I could post it but SCA gives you several different size options to use. Also if you move a card from one album to another the image will still remain, unlike when its moved in photobucket it shows that" image not available picture".
So it seems like SCA is the one that it's most prepared to handle the requirements of a card collector. You mentioned the option for different image sizes and the fact that it shows you the cards attributes is also a nice addition. But at the same time I find myself thinking I wish It looked a little nicer. Maybe it's just me.
Do you have app? If you do, can you tell us about it?

Yea, photobucket is free.