Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to collect Autographs through the mail

How to collect Autographs through the mail
Hello Everyone...

I was interested in learning more about this aspect of our wonderful hobby and through my research stumbled across a very cool and experienced collector of TTM (Through the Mail) autographs. He was kind enough to give me some tips around collecting in this format and I compiled them in the article below for anyone interested in learning more.

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/how-to-sta...ollecting/

As always.....Happy Collecting!

Ed
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: How to collect Autographs through the mail
(04-16-2014, 12:17 AM)home plate 1989 Wrote: Hello Everyone...

I was interested in learning more about this aspect of our wonderful hobby and through my research stumbled across a very cool and experienced collector of TTM (Through the Mail) autographs. He was kind enough to give me some tips around collecting in this format and I compiled them in the article below for anyone interested in learning more.

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/how-to-sta...ollecting/

As always.....Happy Collecting!

Ed
thanks for the info! this is awesome!

Sweet! I have sent out a few, never saw a return on most but I did get one back from Tony Romo and D-Ware which really surprised me!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

I'll tell you a short story about a ttm auto. In 1968 when I was 14, I sent a baseball to the St Louis Cardinals. I didn't send a NL ball and I didn't even know enough to send return postage. After not sure how long, I came home to find my baseball signed by the whole team including hall of famers Gibson, Brock, Cepeda, Schoendienst, and Carlton. Even Roger Maris signed. I am pretty sure the autos are real because several different pens were used so they didn't look like the same signer. Obviously that wouldn't work today, but that baseball is one of my prized possessions.

(04-16-2014, 02:28 PM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: Sweet! I have sent out a few, never saw a return on most but I did get one back from Tony Romo and D-Ware which really surprised me!
Those are some BIG returns!!! Congrats....would love to see them!

(04-16-2014, 09:39 PM)cspen Wrote: I'll tell you a short story about a ttm auto. In 1968 when I was 14, I sent a baseball to the St Louis Cardinals. I didn't send a NL ball and I didn't even know enough to send return postage. After not sure how long, I came home to find my baseball signed by the whole team including hall of famers Gibson, Brock, Cepeda, Schoendienst, and Carlton. Even Roger Maris signed. I am pretty sure the autos are real because several different pens were used so they didn't look like the same signer. Obviously that wouldn't work today, but that baseball is one of my prized possessions.
That is an AMAZING story!!! It brings back an era before the huge salaries and big business of card signing exclusives when more athletes were appreciative of their fans. I think back to those old photos where you see kids hanging over the dug out handing Willie Mays a baseball to sign - and he actually does it!

Great Story & what would be a prized collectible in ANY collection!
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]