`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING about Sportsbuy/NAXCOM - bounced check/disconnected phone

WARNING about Sportsbuy/NAXCOM - bounced check/disconnected phone
I cashed out my account with them recently to fund other purchases. Their check to me bounced.

I tried calling them at their listed number [(310) 645-4046], which they have had for over a decade. It's disconnected.

They're still active on Twitter and Facebook. We'll see if they respond there.

In the meantime, I've deleted my entire seller inventory.

Nick

RE: WARNING about Sportsbuy/NAXCOM - bounced check/disconnected phone
Very interesting. I have a little money over there, under $100, but it might be worth buying some cards to cash out that way. Has anyone else heard anything about this, as I would hate to jump the gun but I would also hate to miss out on money in my account.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

They just posted a message to their site that they will be shutting down. It should be interesting to see where people take the cards that they were listing on there. I know of a card shop with a massive inventory that sold their singles exclusively through SportsBuy (and actually had their inventory sorted by their SportsBuy item numbers), so it should be interesting to see what they end up doing. I actually hated how they did this, because they wouldn't sell cards without you buying them through SportsBuy even if you walked in the store (they had a computer setup for you to buy through).
I used to do a lot of business on SportsBuy, but over the past several years I stopped selling there and only bought a few cards from time to time.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

I bought several Beckett Graded cards from them when it was NAXCOM, but whenever it switched over to SportsBuy, I didn't buy anything else from them. This is because you had to have a credit card on file. When it was NAXCOM, all you had to do was use PayPal (Just like on eBay).
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I bought from that site 2 times. One time was a perfect transaction the other was miserable. I was buying Phillies autos a few years ago and bought a Robin Roberts Autographed card and he died the next day so the seller never sent. I am assuming that he thought he could get much more for it after he died but that is a guess since the seller nor Sportsbuy/Naxcom responded to any of my emails. I got my money back from Paypal but never went back to that site

Of all the times that I bought from them when it was NAXCOM, I never had a problem.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(04-17-2014, 08:21 AM)phillies816 Wrote: I bought from that site 2 times. One time was a perfect transaction the other was miserable. I was buying Phillies autos a few years ago and bought a Robin Roberts Autographed card and he died the next day so the seller never sent. I am assuming that he thought he could get much more for it after he died but that is a guess since the seller nor Sportsbuy/Naxcom responded to any of my emails. I got my money back from Paypal but never went back to that site
Yea, stuff like that happened on occasion there since the inventory was controlled by each seller individually, and they could just say that they couldn't find a particular card. It usually happened when a player started got really hot all of a sudden and their cards got a big spike on eBay, it also happened when a player died. Naxcom/SportsBuy did try to keep it from happening by still charging the transaction fees to the seller, but it didn't deter some people.
Personally I liked the site for a while, but mostly stopped using it when their fees started getting outrageous (you could sell a card for $1 and still lose money by the time you shipped it) and the shipping costs got absurd (they were charging over $3 for a single card, but giving less than 1/2 of that to the seller).