`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone familiar with 1986 ProCards minor league team sets?

Anyone familiar with 1986 ProCards minor league team sets?
I recently got the 1986 Sumter Braves minor league team set from ProCards on eBay and I was wondering if anyone is familiar or has this set, or another team set from the same year? The reason I ask is that these cards are on somewhat poor card stock and the pictures aren't that great. It looks as those it would be possible for someone to scan the cards and print them out at home with a half-decent modern printer and card paper, and then cut them using a cutting board. Of course, it is also entirely possible that this is just the low quality cards that ProCards was producing in 1986.... So, does anyone have any cards from this year and set and can weigh in with their thoughts/opinions?

RE: Anyone familiar with 1986 ProCards minor league team sets?
I have the Maine Guides and Pawtucket Red Sox sets from 1986. Like you said, they too are on cheap stock with bad photography. Just cheaply made I believe.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Ok, thanks for checking and confirming. I figured '86 ProCards probably wasn't putting out a quality product, but you never know what people will do these days to make money on the internet.

Well at least there is Justice and Lemke in the set.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

I have a pro card set of the Columbia Mets and a TCMA set of the Jackson Mets the difference between the both is like night and day. I remember getting the pro card set and being quit disappointed in the quality at that time. But then again that's the 80's for you