`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May be time to scale down

May be time to scale down
So as most of you know, I've recently gotten married and we are moving....that means putting all of my sports stuff in one place....

The past two nights I've tried digging into the two huge bins to try and update my organizer....and both nights I've had panic attacks (I've NEVER had even one before)

So...I think it's finally time to cut back significantly...keep an eye open I'll probably start trading and selling significantly in your favor....because it just made me throw up...

I put together six boxes to take to the LCS tomorrow to have him just give away to kids (some nice stuff too)

I just...need to shrink down...quality over quantity
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: May be time to scale down
Don't give away that ruby Tyreke Evans!!!

(04-04-2014, 10:16 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Don't give away that ruby Tyreke Evans!!!
Then get an offer at me lol

(04-04-2014, 10:26 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Then get an offer at me lol
Offer returned, my friend.

Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you can get some help for the panic attacks. Don't rush to get rid of your collection though. I find cards to be a nice distraction during difficult times. Good luck buddy!

Ditto to that. I recently had a major one that put me in the hospital. My issue is not the cards is the bills of two houses and kids and life in general. Just remember you are in control. If getting rid of some cards makes you feel better do it. You should probably seek out counseling also. Good luck and hope you feel better and Congrats on the wedding!

(04-05-2014, 12:40 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Ditto to that. I recently had a major one that put me in the hospital. My issue is not the cards is the bills of two houses and kids and life in general. Just remember you are in control. If getting rid of some cards makes you feel better do it. You should probably seek out counseling also. Good luck and hope you feel better and Congrats on the wedding!
Yeah, my friend! I agree. You've got a lot on your plate. It's normal to feel overwhelmed with just getting married or moving. You've got both! Don't do any rash that you will probably regret later.
When I moved from NY to FL with my fiancé, I was stressed to the MAX with everything, and threw away personal stuff and collectible stuff that was irreplaceable and I have regretted it ever since. (Not moving or getting married .... The "throwing out" part of that story Smile don't want you to misunderstand )
Good luck! Keep Calm and Carry On!

But in the event that you should happen to disregard my advice ... That 56 Mantle would find a nice home in Florida Smile (kidding!!!... You better keep THAT!)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for all the positive words guys...my problem isn't my PC stuff...it's everything else (tradeables, old wax junk,etc) that's getting in the way of me enjoying the cards I do care about. Plus I was going through my PCs and I'm tired of all of these prospects that never panned out lol

I made up five or six boxes that I'm dropping off at my LCS. Nothing huge, low end RCs, inserts, couple jerseys, low end graded. Things with value, but not stuff that I'd ever be able to move efficiently. I'm having him give them to the first youngster who comes in wanting to buy something.

i hear you man, every time i have to go pull stuff for a trade i get frustrated and overwhelmed by all the stuff i've got. My problem is i haven't had time to organize anything well over the past year, when i had everything sorted and labeled it was much more relaxing

But seeing just stacks of boxes and cards just gets overwhelming and you realize you've just got too much stuff.

if you have any older cards pre 1979 you want to unload give me a holler.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.