`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade question

Trade question
How long do you wait for someone to answer trade requests? Sometimes I'll send what I feel is a reasonable or open offer and people won't answer back. I can see they've been on the site and choose not to reply. Someone can simply let me know they're not interested and that's fine with me. When I receive a trade request I get an email so I think they must know I've sent a request. My gut says if they don't answer in a week cancel it ,but what do you think.
Photobucket

RE: Trade question
Go with what your gut is telling you. A week is more than enough especially if they've been active on the site.

I actually don't get notifications when I receive trade offers, so they very well might not know they have offers waiting. Others might just forget and others still just don't bother to look.

I go by the rule of how bad do I want/need what they have? If it's something I really, really want and nobody else has one FT, I'll just leave it there until they reject it.

If it's something I want, but there are other options, I'll leave it open until I acquire it somewhere else.

If it's something I don't view as a priority of any kind, it's about a week.
Kepler

I too used to get email notifications of trade offers but that went away when Beckett started making "improvements" to the site. Now I have to go to my Trade page every five minutes to see if I have an offer or a response to an offer. As for sitting offers, I leave them up and wonder why the hell they don't respond. I usually give up after a month and cancel.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I don't get email notifications for trade offers or responses. My trade section is cluttered because I have offers out to people who have my Cespedes needs, but they haven't logged in for months. Just keeping tabs on who has my needs really, and hoping they return some day.

A lot of times it is hard to keep up with the revolving offers, especially after putting up a trade post. Usually I just send a message or two asking if they are still interested and will cancel if I don't hear back a few days after the message. If it's a card I really want, I'll keep badgering them until they respond or decline lol.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I'm really bad about checking my trades .. and I'm even worse, because when I do, going through someone's trade folder trying to find something I like takes me forever.
My job and life get in the way of my hobby, and hopefully nobody takes it personally when they don't hear from me for more than a week.
My advice. PM someone when you make an offer. I don't get email reminders, but I get a pop up when I have a PM.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I usually give it a week as some people travel for work and get busy. I know I usually spend the most time looking at and answering trades on the weekend.

A few days to a week with no convo I cancel the trade regardless how bad I need or want it

(04-02-2014, 12:44 PM)sparty78 Wrote: How long do you wait for someone to answer trade requests? Sometimes I'll send what I feel is a reasonable or open offer and people won't answer back. I can see they've been on the site and choose not to reply. Someone can simply let me know they're not interested and that's fine with me. When I receive a trade request I get an email so I think they must know I've sent a request. My gut says if they don't answer in a week cancel it ,but what do you think.
For me I might go to my personel e-mail once every 6 months just to delete everything. All I ever get is but this and buy that junk mail e-mail from people i never heard of soooo. I may not check my trade page every day like i should but i do open it every 2-3 days. With that being said on some of the cards I do some soul searching to trade or not
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]