`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
7 Blaster's of Opening day - What a blast!

RE: 7 Blaster's of Opening day - What a blast!
I bought a few hanger boxes of Series I simply because for some reason I really liked the yellow parallels. But I think the "hits" and inserts are are really boring for the price, which says a lot because the flagship product isn't exactly expensive.

It just seems that Topps knows people are going to buy it because it's the Topps set for the year.

At least with Opening Day they change the inserts up a bit and try to appeal to kids and set collectors in hopes of luring them into higher end stuff down the line.

But for $10 a blaster, there's no better value out there. IMHO
Kepler

(04-02-2014, 11:08 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I bought a few hanger boxes of Series I simply because for some reason I really liked the yellow parallels. But I think the "hits" and inserts are are really boring for the price, which says a lot because the flagship product isn't exactly expensive.
It just seems that Topps knows people are going to buy it because it's the Topps set for the year.
At least with Opening Day they change the inserts up a bit and try to appeal to kids and set collectors in hopes of luring them into higher end stuff down the line.
But for $10 a blaster, there's no better value out there. IMHO
Yeah, Opening Day is actually fun! It's loaded with little minor hits and every blaster and every pack is worth the cost. The plastic lenticular Star cards are amazing, and I really like the blue parallel set. I haven't been as lucky as you Jared. I haven't pulled an auto yet, but I'm close to completing all the inserts. Probably not gonna spend the time collating a base set.
I have some doubles of the inserts if anyone wants to swap their dupes with me.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-02-2014, 02:19 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, Opening Day is actually fun! It's loaded with little minor hits and every blaster and every pack is worth the cost. The plastic lenticular Star cards are amazing, and I really like the blue parallel set. I haven't been as lucky as you Jared. I haven't pulled an auto yet, but I'm close to completing all the inserts. Probably not gonna spend the time collating a base set.
I have some doubles of the inserts if anyone wants to swap their dupes with me.
I'd be down for that - I've got all of my extras (insert and base) listed, along with that Gosuke Elite.
Kepler