`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Crazy Casey Collection (lots of pics) (even more added)

RE: My Crazy Casey Collection (lots of pics)
(03-25-2014, 11:12 AM)iconms Wrote: Very impressive!
Something I was wondering about....where do the Bowman Victory cards come from? Wasn't a product, right? Was some kind of wrapper redemption or something along those lines?
Bowman Black and Bowman Victory was (as far as I understand) an anniversary product that traversed all their product lines, randomly popping up here and there. They did blue wave wrapper redemptions on some of their 2013, but Victory and Black weren't in that reward program.

(03-25-2014, 02:58 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Doc, if you picked up the Victory cards on Ebay we were likely working against each other. I was bidding on a couple of them, with the plan of randomly sending one of them to you ... either as an ad-in on a trade or just for the heck of it. Instead, I probably cost you some extra cash. You're welcome. lol
Thanks Pal. Smile
Keeping an open dialogue can save us all some money, right.? .Smile
I appreciate the thought, though Jared, really.
I guess if I paid a little more, no biggie, it only brings up the average cost of the card, therefore increasing it's perceived value, so it really doesn't hurt me in the long haul. ... And it'll only really hurt me if Kelly never makes it back into the Padre's rotation.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sis you ever get flowers from topps? I still need that Judge you have... Have an inception casey kelly base I'll include ...ha
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

Yes, "Crazy" is a great word to describe that. I would also use, "very impressive".
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-25-2014, 04:48 PM)mjanooz Wrote: Sis you ever get flowers from topps? I still need that Judge you have... Have an inception casey kelly base I'll include ...ha
Nope, I was forgotten on Valentines Day, once again.Sad Topps isnt a very thoughtful significant other. BUT, There's always next February Wink
Gonna hang onto my Judge cards. If I get duplicates, I'll let you know. Thanks!
(03-25-2014, 05:19 PM)jonathani Wrote: Yes, "Crazy" is a great word to describe that. I would also use, "very impressive".
Thanks!
Here's some more cards ....
3 Tier One /10 and a /25
[Image: null_zps69a700e4.jpg]
2013 Tribute
[Image: null_zps2d9bf935.jpg]
Misc others ... And I'm sure I've missed some.
[Image: null_zps456e3ef2.jpg]
[Image: null_zps1a768dd4.jpg]
[Image: null_zpseecc4079.jpg]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-25-2014, 03:32 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Bowman Black and Bowman Victory was (as far as I understand) an anniversary product that traversed all their product lines, randomly popping up here and there. They did blue wave wrapper redemptions on some of their 2013, but Victory and Black weren't in that reward program.

Tried to do a little research...Bowman Victory was mailed out as part of the Bowman Prospect Challenge.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2013-...autographs

Pretty sure Bowman Black is packed out and inserted throughout various Bowman products
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(03-26-2014, 11:18 AM)iconms Wrote: Tried to do a little research...Bowman Victory was mailed out as part of the Bowman Prospect Challenge.

Pretty sure Bowman Black is packed out and inserted throughout various Bowman products
+1

I think you nailed it there. It appears that most of the Victory cards went to the same people ... my guess is case busters that held onto all of the prospect challenge cards and racked up HUGE amounts of players to claim the prizes. I think they've circulated a little bit more now, but at first it was 2-3 selling a few hundred of them. It was crazy.
Kepler

(03-26-2014, 11:18 AM)iconms Wrote: Tried to do a little research...Bowman Victory was mailed out as part of the Bowman Prospect Challenge.

Thanks for the correction. I thought it was both products, but at least I was half right Smile I'd take a .500 BA any day!