`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Chrome: Roller Coaster Ride (no scans)

2013 Topps Chrome: Roller Coaster Ride (no scans)
My second 2013 Chrome box, my first BB thread.

The coaster started on a high, pulling 4 numbered refractors from my first four packs:

Charles Tillman BCA Pink (353/399)
Matt Elam Black (247/299, go Ravens)
Matt Schaub Prism (167/260)
Blidi Wreh-WIlson Gold (34/50)

A few packs later I found my autograph hit: Barkevious Mingo.

Then, the downhill...multiple packs of base cards & base refractors, interspersed with a few throwback inserts and a Manti Te'o rookie die cut. Overall, feeling pretty "meh" about the box, until I went to plug the cards into the Organizer...

...and discovered that I had pulled not one, but TWO short-print variations: Rob Gronkowski and EJ Manuel! Nice ending to the box!

Also noticed a pattern to the two hobby boxes I've opened (purchased from two different vendors): both contained exactly 2 packs with no inserts or parallels, 2 packs with 2 inserts (throwbacks), and every other pack had either one insert or one refractor/auto card. Both boxes also contained precisely four numbered refractors.

I have one more Chrome box that I'm planning to open tomorrow, so we'll see how that pattern holds up. Definitely can't say I'm unhappy with this box!

RE: 2013 Topps Chrome: Roller Coaster Ride (no scans)
The second box had an identical insert pattern to the first, down to the four numbered refractors being in the top four packs & the throwback inserts in the bottom four. No short prints in this one and underwhelming refractors aside from a Tavon Austin BCA pink (268/399), but the rookie auto was interesting: I got a redemption card for a Joseph Randle Gold parallel (numbered to 10)! So I'm now officially a huge Joseph Randle fan.

Not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I have never busted a box of chrome before, So I don't know if it was a good or bad bust.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

(03-16-2014, 05:53 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: I have never busted a box of chrome before, So I don't know if it was a good or bad bust.
The refractors & inserts are non-guaranteed guaranteed hits (like I said, 3 boxes & I got the same quantity of everything) & the rookie autograph is officially guaranteed. Getting the two short prints was way cool, tho--veteran short prints are 1:283 and rookies are 1:340. And while it sucks that I have to wait for the redemption, I'm not going to complain about pulling a 1 of 10 either.

Don't blame you there. I am thinking about if I want to buy some 2014 Topps Chrome this year. I just hope I pull something cool. For my PC, I just go to Ebay and get what I can get. It is cheaper for me at the moment. I picked Quinton Patton, so I hope he pans out this year. He fractured his foot and didn't get much playing time for his rookie season. I am crossing my fingers that he turns into a great wide reciever.
(03-17-2014, 01:52 AM)Harv72b Wrote: The refractors & inserts are non-guaranteed guaranteed hits (like I said, 3 boxes & I got the same quantity of everything) & the rookie autograph is officially guaranteed. Getting the two short prints was way cool, tho--veteran short prints are 1:283 and rookies are 1:340. And while it sucks that I have to wait for the redemption, I'm not going to complain about pulling a 1 of 10 either.

(03-17-2014, 12:20 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: Don't blame you there. I am thinking about if I want to buy some 2014 Topps Chrome this year. I just hope I pull something cool. For my PC, I just go to Ebay and get what I can get. It is cheaper for me at the moment. I picked Quinton Patton, so I hope he pans out this year. He fractured his foot and didn't get much playing time for his rookie season. I am crossing my fingers that he turns into a great wide reciever.
I hear ya. It'll be fun to see Patton (hopefully) develop with Kaepernick over the years; I'm still waiting on Aaron Mellette to actually make the 53-man roster here in B-more. Smile

The Topps Chrome can be annoying with the card-curling and the "meh" overall look, but between the refractors & the inserts it's a fun and relatively budget-friendly open. My favorite among the mid-tier stuff, anyway.

My problem is having enough money to dabble in it. I just pick my pieces up when I can afford to.
(03-17-2014, 12:53 PM)Harv72b Wrote: I hear ya. It'll be fun to see Patton (hopefully) develop with Kaepernick over the years; I'm still waiting on Aaron Mellette to actually make the 53-man roster here in B-more. Smile

The Topps Chrome can be annoying with the card-curling and the "meh" overall look, but between the refractors & the inserts it's a fun and relatively budget-friendly open. My favorite among the mid-tier stuff, anyway.

(03-15-2014, 07:18 PM)Harv72b Wrote: My second 2013 Chrome box, my first BB thread.

The coaster started on a high, pulling 4 numbered refractors from my first four packs:

Charles Tillman BCA Pink (353/399)
Matt Elam Black (247/299, go Ravens)
Matt Schaub Prism (167/260)
Blidi Wreh-WIlson Gold (34/50)

A few packs later I found my autograph hit: Barkevious Mingo.

Then, the downhill...multiple packs of base cards & base refractors, interspersed with a few throwback inserts and a Manti Te'o rookie die cut. Overall, feeling pretty "meh" about the box, until I went to plug the cards into the Organizer...

...and discovered that I had pulled not one, but TWO short-print variations: Rob Gronkowski and EJ Manuel! Nice ending to the box!

Also noticed a pattern to the two hobby boxes I've opened (purchased from two different vendors): both contained exactly 2 packs with no inserts or parallels, 2 packs with 2 inserts (throwbacks), and every other pack had either one insert or one refractor/auto card. Both boxes also contained precisely four numbered refractors.

I have one more Chrome box that I'm planning to open tomorrow, so we'll see how that pattern holds up. Definitely can't say I'm unhappy with this box!
I'd like to trade for any Tennessee Titans and NY Giants cards.
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2