`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2nd box donruss, tribute, select, babe ruth

2nd box donruss, tribute, select, babe ruth
Well, this is a continuation of my previous thread about my first box of donruss. The second box was about the first, nothing major found but I did get a lot of cards for my personal collection. I put aside 18 cards, ranging from Eric Hosmer to Strasburg, Harper, Jeter, Rivera, Ripken, etc.

The Tribute was a bust. Nothing major in it except a miscut Larry Doby I needed for the set I'm making. It's been sent back to Topps, but of course they do not guarantee I'll get the same player. I doubt if I'll open any more high dollar boxes. With my luck I don't why I even open 1 box, let alone 3.

The first box of Select I got from Small Traditions auction was ok. I did pull 2 Jeters, and also a Mattingly, Ripken, Ryan and Molitor. I'm wondering how the second box will be. I guess I'll put together the set.

It looks like where I did really good was with the Babe Ruth bat card, also a lot from the recent Small Tradition's auction. I paid $111 plus buyer's premium. I just looked it up, and beckett lists at about 3.5 times that. I think I'll get it graded. I will post pictures of it later this afternoon or early evening.

If any of you wants to get started in the select, looks like I'm going to have plenty of duplicates. I'm sure we could work out a trade.
Opening the second box and my luck has suddenly changed for the better. I pulled a Triple Crown insert of Mickey Mantle. Yes, I said MICKEY MANTLE. About paid for both boxes. I'll try to add scans of this card also later.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: 2nd box donruss, tribute, select, babe ruth
I've busted 3 boxes of it and was going to put together the 1-100 base set. I'd be interested in any cespedes inserts/parallels you may have pulled as well!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I'm sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm opening the 1993 Select from Score. I wanted the Jeter rookie cards.

Love to see scans of the Ruth! Also what auto's did you get in the Tribute?

I really don't remember except I know I got another wade Miley. Look in my organizer. Let's trade.

(03-08-2014, 10:17 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Love to see scans of the Ruth! Also what auto's did you get in the Tribute?
Here's the scan of the front for all of you to see. I sure love it.

[Image: BabeBatF_zps7dfb3f94.jpg]

That card looks really cool! Congrats! What year tribute did you open?

Congrats on the Ruth bat card, but can't wait to see the Mantle card!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I've been opening 2013 Tribute. I want to make the base set.