`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett baseball April price guide messed up

Beckett baseball April price guide messed up
On cover it says first pricing for elite extra edition. But is it not in the price guid. In fact it is missing alot of 2013 product pricing. The pricing ends on page 224 with 2013 panini cooperstown, then the next pages are page 64 with 1998 ultra pricing- page 80 2001 donruss rookies.. so they have duplicated pages 64-80 at the and after 2013 panini cooperstown, and left out alot of 2013-14 pricing!!

how many others have this with their april price guide???

Here is pic. hard to see

[Image: c237c130-4057-4cd8-b69c-99421bdada9c_zps186d1a07.jpg]

RE: Beckett baseball April price guide messed up
This happens from time to time when they put the magazines together. Not sure if it happened to all copies or just yours. I have seen the wrong pages or pages out of order in past issues, but it seems to be pretty rare. I stopped buying the magazine, since they took out so much of the pricing and update the online pricing much more frequently. If noone else can confirm this error than you might want to contact Beckett directly as they should be willing to send you a replacement copy of the issue.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I'll check my copy when I get to my office!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sometimes they list the new product pricing in the front portion of the magazine in an article depending on if they could get it in time for production. Check the articles, maybe its there.

just checked one: this one was fine

yours is a misprint. it is flawed. or, the other view: EBAY 1/1 RARE NEVER SEEN BEFORE WORTH $5000?!!!!!

just contact beckett, im sure theyll replace it for you

(02-26-2014, 11:04 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yours is a misprint. it is flawed. or, the other view: EBAY 1/1 RARE NEVER SEEN BEFORE WORTH $5000?!!!!!
LOL So true

I used to work in the printing industry.
When putting together "signatures" as they are called (usually groups of 32 or 64 pages), from time to time, signature "A" could get grouped with another signature "A" instead of with signature "B" or they could be reversed or sometimes simply just missed. As well, they could have a prior month's signature that they use when setting up the equipment.
Most of the time, they throw the errors away. But, from time to time, they wind up short because of problems with equipment and some of the errors are used or they simply mix in the "setup" booklets by accident. It happens in every print shop but its mostly avoided.
[Image: sig2_zps1ec2af91.jpg]

Someone fell asleep in the bindery, your magazine should have been tossed in the recycle bin, instead it found its way into your hands
[Image: Boston.jpg]

(02-26-2014, 12:07 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: Someone fell asleep in the bindery, your magazine should have been tossed in the recycle bin, instead it found its way into your hands
exactly

Still pretty sure we can blame this on Topps somehow.