`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should I Grade this card?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
14 100.00%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading #1/1's

Grading #1/1's
Just looking for some opinions on whether or not I should have this card graded by BGS, I heard they're tough on grading thick cards as I have had some graded and never got 9.0 or better on any I sent in!

Its in great shape, nice corners, surface, centered look okay, but would be bummed out to get a low grade, but looks good enough to score high.

The card is a 05-06 The Cup Jimmy Howard #1/1 yellow printing plate! Should I or shouldn't I ?

[Image: scan0011_zpsde037801.jpg]

[Image: scan0010_zps61997ef3.jpg]

RE: Grading #1/1's
what's the point of grading it? There's not a single other card like it so scoring the difference between an 8 or a 9 really doesn't matter. scoring higher won't increase the value because there are no other cards out there that can score better. Somebody who wants that card is going to want it because its thee only card there is of it. Smile
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(02-23-2014, 01:09 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: what's the point of grading it? There's not a single other card like it so scoring the difference between an 8 or a 9 really doesn't matter. scoring higher won't increase the value because there are no other cards out there that can score better. Somebody who wants that card is going to want it because its thee only card there is of it. Smile
Good point, but figured to have it slabed to preserve it at the condition its in now would bring up the value even more I think, out of the four there is, mine the yellow, if the black got graded a 8.5, one on ebay right now at $155, if mine gets graded at 9.0 or better, would it be worth more? Which #1/1 would cost more to buy, a none graded Balck? or the graded yellow? This is a tough choice to make!

They can slab them for you without grading i believe. It's an option.

to me, buying a 1/1 makes no difference to me if its graded or not. And just because a card is listed on ebay for that price, doesn't mean it's worth that. You have to look at past sold and if that cards still listed...it hasnt been sold...meaning...nobody is willing to pay 155 for it.

If yours got graded a 9.0 or better...would it be worth more? I'd say no because that is a black card, this is a yellow. They are 1/1, so they are different cards. somebody wanting the black card may not want the yellow. or maybe somebody just wants a printing plate so if you list yours less than 155, somebody might buy it graded or not. In my non professional buying opinion...i wouldn't waste your money on grading it.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

If you are keeping it, grade it; if not, let it be.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-23-2014, 05:21 PM)jonathani Wrote: If you are keeping it, grade it; if not, let it be.
Its a keeper for sure Smile

Thanks for the input guys!

save your money i say

and sweet PC card
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)