Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT: but not really?

OT: but not really?
michael sam signs deals with five card companies

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_...-companies

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

RE: OT: but not really?
Non story. The best SEC defensive player is worthy.

Presspass, Sage, UD, Panini, Topps...

I saw a comment bout how he's getting hype more than Clowney because he's gay. If you watched a SC game this year - you'd know why Clowney isn't getting the hype. Don't get me wrong - I like Clowney (last year). But, Sam was a BEAST!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I don't see why this is a story? lmao.. He's a good player who is signing cards that are normally released early.. i.e. press pass & sage... How is this out of the norm?
The reporter line, "is already getting his trading card & hasn't been drafted yet"... lol
Correct me if I'm wrong but so didn't this guy?

[Image: IMG_1849_zps0ad60bb7.jpg]

Who u ask...? EXACTLY! lmao..
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

I've heard reports that this guy will be a situational pass rusher at best on the pro level...But who knows.

(02-19-2014, 09:23 PM)savagenate Wrote: I've heard reports that this guy will be a situational pass rusher at best on the pro level...But who knows.
Oh I'll never do the label thing after the SB Seahawks roster somewhat made a mockery of the combine! You never know this kids drive, I mean he is a beast in the SEC you know? And you also know he's good at chasing tail...! [Image: tongue.gif]
Too soon? [Image: biggrin.gif] I support gays by the way & don't have a problem with "their" lifestyle as it has nothing to do with me or mine. I can't remember who said it best though but, "if you can take a **** then you can take a joke"!!
Wants:
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1

(02-20-2014, 03:29 AM)pudge27t Wrote: Oh I'll never do the label thing after the SB Seahawks roster somewhat made a mockery of the combine! You never know this kids drive, I mean he is a beast in the SEC you know? And you also know he's good at chasing tail...! [Image: tongue.gif]
Too soon? [Image: biggrin.gif] I support gays by the way & don't have a problem with "their" lifestyle as it has nothing to do with me or mine. I can't remember who said it best though but, "if you can take a **** then you can take a joke"!!
Haha!

(02-20-2014, 03:29 AM)pudge27t Wrote: Oh I'll never do the label thing after the SB Seahawks roster somewhat made a mockery of the combine! You never know this kids drive, I mean he is a beast in the SEC you know? And you also know he's good at chasing tail...! [Image: tongue.gif]
In all seriousness, the knock on Sam in the NFL is that he's too small to be a defensive end and not quick enough to be good in coverage. He's the dreaded "tweener". Best comparison (to a guy who succeeded in the NFL) is probably Elvis Dumervil.

I'm a Mizzou guy, so I love me some Sam...but those are the things that have the SEC d-player of the year looking more like a 3rd rounder.

(02-19-2014, 08:35 PM)pudge27t Wrote: I don't see why this is a story? lmao.. He's a good player who is signing cards that are normally released early.. i.e. press pass & sage... How is this out of the norm?
The reporter line, "is already getting his trading card & hasn't been drafted yet"... lol
Correct me if I'm wrong but so didn't this guy?

[Image: IMG_1849_zps0ad60bb7.jpg]

Who u ask...? EXACTLY! lmao..
And Topps (Panini as well?) was releasing Colin Klein cards even after he was undrafted and didn't even sign with an NFL team and only had a tryout with the Texans - I pulled one of his autographs. Would have been a nice pull in a Kansas State (or even Press Pass and Sage which are after all college based products) uniform because he was a great college player, but kind of absurd in an NFL product from Topps showing him as a Texan. at least it was on card (and came from a Topps Platium blaster which also had a base Andrew Luck BCA die cut - can't complain about getting an autograph and a die cut from one blaster)

and btw, while Sam might be a tweener, his college/Senior Bowl highlight reel is impressive - some NFL team (I'm thinking New England is very likely) will take him and find a use for him.

Yea i agree with ZSDOne! New England would be a perfect place!! With the chips stacked up against him as high as they are, I just don't see a guy like that being a bust of any kind!! And 3rd round is actually very good considering how deep this draft is!!
Wants:

Gay Thread!