`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What set should i build for 2014?

What set should i build for 2014?
Hey all! I'm looking to get some feedback on this years products to see what to complete since I love building sets. I only do one complete base set of a current product (including a couple of the inserts but not all). I'm having a tough time this year since I want to go a little deeper than the topps flagship series 1 and 2. I built the heritage set from 1-500 in 2012 and that was a lot of fun but also tough due to the SP's. Last year I got suckered into the archives due to the fan favs autos of the Mets (still missing 2!!) as well as the flagship series 1 and 2 from topps. I can't really fork out too much $$ on it this year so I'm thinking more mid end this time and more importantly, i don't want a ton of extras either. I will usually buy 2 hobby boxes and trade away the extra to help complete the set. I was going back and forth between the following for this years adventure.

Gypsy Queen
Allen and Ginter
Topps Chrome

I am not a fan of bowmans or prospects so scratch that off the list. Don't really care about games used stuff and autos I'm meh about. I keep it simple and enjoyable. I will get a few packs here and there along my travels for trade bait as well and I'm really starting to improve on my older card collection (pre 1980). I was even toying around with the idea of just going to the vintage vault to grab some 50's and beyond. So whatcha think?

- Rob
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

RE: What set should i build for 2014?
Myself, Topps Chrome would be fun. I'm not fan of A&G at all, but the set is big enough to make it a challenge. I like GQ and it doesn't seem like a it would be that difficult or expensive to do. Heritage is gonna really look nice so maybe think about that again. (ps...I always have extra, extra base so look me up if looking to fill anything out...I'm more than happy to get rid of them for next to nothing)

Hey whatever you decide....just make sure its fun and not a chore! Good luck and let us know what you decide.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Hey all! So I've decided to build the 2014 gypsy queen set this year. I'll do the base set + a few inserts. Not sure if I want to dabble in the minis but we'll see. I need to keep it simple this year. Looks like these come out beginning of April so that will be great. I'll mix it up by getting a hobby box, some retail packs blasters and so forth. Will be good times for sure!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Nice choice! Gypsy is always one of my favorites. If I break any Ill look to you.

Nice choice! If you don't collect the mini's, well, I could use them Smile I usually open a blaster or two so I should have base that I could swap. Good luck and have fun!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Sounds good. I'll keep everyone informed!

Bowman Chrome....only because there will be 3 sets for you to collect and they come out all year long, Bowman in May for the Chrome prospects, Bowman Chrome in late September for the Rookies and more prospects and Draft in late October/November for the newest hot draft picks. You can't lose...you will have all the best rookies, stars and prospects of the 2014 season. Also if you want a bigger challenge, go for the Bowman Paper Gold set as well.